Notice for Foreign Candidates Applying for Nepal Medical Common Entrance Examination of Bachelor Level in Health Professional Education (MECEE-BL 2023) (Published Date: January 02, 2023) Nepal Medical Education Commission calls for online applications to select candidates in the following health professional programs run by all Universities, affiliated colleges, and Health Science Academies throughout the country. The eligible candidates can apply through online application available at www.mec.gov.np or https://entrance.mec.gov.np from January 08, 2023, at 10:00 AM to February 07, 2023, at 5:00 PM (NST).
1. Entrance examination schedule:
EXAM DAY AND TIME (NST)
|1.||MBBS||March 08, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
|2.||BDS||March 09, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
|3.||B SC Nursing, BASLP, B.Perfusion Technology||March 10, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
|4.||BAMS, BNS, B.Sc.MLT, B.Sc MIT, B.Pharm, B.Optometry, BPT||March 11, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
|5.||BPH||March 12, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
- Eligible candidates can apply for more than one program with separate bank payments and application forms as per the above examination schedule.
- There will be a separate merit list for each academic Program. However, after matching and admission, his/her name will be deleted from all the merit lists.
- All foreign (India, Bangladesh, Bhutan) candidates should fill up the online form as stated within the due date.
- The candidates should choose only one of the following options while filling up the online application form:
- Candidates appear in MECEE-BL 2023.
- Candidates not appearing in MECEE-BL 2023 but conditionally opt to apply on the basis of obtained rank above 50 percentile in the recently conducted national level common entrance examination of their respective countries.
2. Details of the fee for online application:
|Entrance Examination Fee||NPR 8,000/- (eight thousand Nepalese rupees) or equivalent excluding bank charges|
|Name of the Bank||Himalayan Bank Limited|
|Account Number||Current account 04308931670017|
SWIFT CODE: HIMANPKA
|Payment Services||Direct deposit at any branch of Himalayan Bank Limited, Mobile Banking (Hi-MB),Connect IPS, eSewa, and Khalti|
|Account Name/Address||Medical Education Commission, Sanothimi, Bhaktapur|
Start time & date for Fee Deposit
|10:00 AM (NST),January 08, 2023|
|Deadline for Fee Deposit||5:00 PM (NST),February 05, 2023|
|Application Deadline||5:00 PM (NST),February 7, 2023|
Note: There is a provision for editing applications and saving files before submission.
Application once submitted cannot be edited. However, applicants can reapply by uploading a new bank voucher/payment slip.
The available seats for the foreign candidates in the above academic programs will be up to:
- 8.25% of the seats in Government colleges/ Academies.
- 33% of the seats in Private colleges are run by the Nepalese management team.
- 50% of the seats in Private colleges are run by Nepalese and foreign management teams.
3. Procedure and Instructions for Online Application:
- The application can only be submitted online through www.mec.gov.p or https://entrance.mec.gov.np.
- Applicants can pay the entrance fee in the account described above in detail by Himalayan Bank Limited within the deadline for the fee deposit. The bank voucher/payment slip should clearly contain the transaction number and the applicant's mobile number.
- Documents Required:-
- Last six digits of the transaction reference number (TRN) and the applicant's mobile number.
- Recent passport-size photograph.
- Passport or Aadhaar card.
- Transcript/mark sheet of grade 12 level or equivalent.
- Respective Council registration certificate of the respective country (if applicable)
d) Students can be rusticated at any time (even after admission) if found guilty of submitting fake information, fake documents, or wrong identity.
e) Once the application is filled, the necessary documents are to be uploaded and the self-declaration is to be done. It is advised to review (edit/save) the application before submission. Once the application is submitted, it is not editable.
f) A Confirmation Page will be displayed only after verification of bank payment. You can save/print it for future reference. It is not Admit Card but proof for Online Form submission.
g) Students should print their own admit card by providing details on the "Check Application Status" page which can be visited by clicking the "Check your status/print admit card" button on the home page. Admit cards can be printed five days before the entrance examination date.
h) Candidates will be responsible for all travel arrangements. Candidates should abide by the current rules and regulations laid down by the Government of Nepal.
4. Regarding the conduct during the entrance examination:
- The examination centre will be mentioned in the admit card.
- Candidate should appear in the examination centre with admit card and identification document (Passport or Aadhaar card) as mentioned in the online form.
- Candidates should report at their respective examination centre at least two hours before the examination.
- No ornament, jewel, or electrical appliance/accessories can be put on in the examination hall.
- Candidates are not even allowed to take a pen or any stationery with them. Candidates are supposed to use the gel pen provided in the examination hall.
- Candidates can be examined physically or electronically examination centre.
- No admission is allowed in the examination hall after 15 minutes of the beginning of the examination.
- No candidates are permitted to leave the examination hall before the completion of examination hours.
5. Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Nepal:
- The candidate should have passed grade 12 or equivalent Science with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology scoring a minimum of 50% aggregate in total marks or a CGPA of 2.4 or equivalent. OR Secured the percentage equivalent to the above eligibility in regards to the certificate level programs (e.g., A-Level) with different grading systems.
- All candidates should secure at least the 50th percentile or above in the entrance examination to qualify. Also, see section (e).
- Notice will be published for the candidates to set their priority of colleges. Then computer-based matching will be done on the basis of merit and the candidate's priority among the available seats.
- Those who appear in the entrance examination conducted by Medical Education Commission will be given the first priority.
- If the seat falls vacant as stated in (d),matching will be done among those who have passed the national level entrance examination of their respective countries who agreed on the condition to be in second priority in the merit list and have secured at least 50th percentile or above (or 50% marks in case the result is in percentage system) in national level medical common entrance examination in their respective countries.
- The remaining seats after completion of the matching of foreign candidates will be transferred to Nepalese open (paying) seats.
- Foreign candidates who are selected for admission are required to produce original documents at the time of admission.
- Candidates who submit fake information/documents will be liable for legal actions as per prevailing rules and regulations of Nepal
- Medical Education Common Entrance Examination Committee reserves all the rights regarding the entrance examination.
Candidates can log in to the application web portal https://entrance.mec.gov.mp by scanning the following QR code with the QR code scanner of the smartphone.
Email ID for any technical assistance:firstname.lastname@example.org