MBBS in Bangladesh
In Bangladesh, a medical school is known as a medical college. Allopathic and Alternative Medicine related to medical education at the graduate level is provided by medical colleges. The colleges are under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) and are affiliated with a university in the respective region. They, however, have to be recognized after meeting a set criterion by a central regulatory authority called Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC). In 1986, all medical colleges were established by the government. Since then, several private medical colleges have been set up. There is a total of 90 recognized medical colleges in Bangladesh, 36 of which are public and 60 private. Apart from these, there are six medical colleges that are run by the Bangladesh Armed Forces and are under the Ministry of Defence.
All the medical colleges award the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS). The Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Master of Surgery (MS) is awarded as a postgraduate research degree in selected medical colleges and universities, following the medical tradition of Commonwealth countries. As per the declaration of overseas registration of the General Medical Council, the awarded MBBS degree from some of the institutions is eligible to apply for registration in the United Kingdom.
Study MBBS in Bangladesh
MBBS in Bangladesh has become one of the good options for students who wish to pursue medical courses. Bangladesh has more than 36 public universities and 60 private medical Colleges offering medical education to all international students coming from all across the globe. The duration of Bangladesh MBBS is 6 years incorporating 5 years dedicated to the course and curriculum and 1 year dedicated to an internship in affiliated hospitals and labs. Bangladesh offers a great number of passing percentages for FMGE (Foreign Medical Graduate Exam) and the highest strength is Bangladesh. A variety of medical courses in Bangladesh are there incorporating Bachelor of medicine and surgery as graduation programs and Doctor of medicine and surgery programs in post-graduate degrees. Bangladesh is turning out to be 1 of the finest choices in terms of providing medical education.
Bangladesh is a country that offers more than 1 cultural similarity ranging from food habits, infrastructure, and other habits. Medical study in Bangladesh is economical and therefore it serves as a great option for overseas students. MBBS course in Bangladesh minimum amounts of 22 lakhs (32000$ to 54000$) including tuition fees, food, living, and accommodation expenses. Medical program degrees are recognized by MCI, NMC, WHO, and other renowned medical councils contributing to the world's fame medical education. Students find it a great option to study medicine in Bangladesh as there is 100% dedication pertaining to training and learning.
Why choose Bangladesh for MBBS?
- Bangladesh has remarkable great advancement in giving a boost in the education sector.
- For all the international students, Bangladesh has become a favorite destination for pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh.
- Medical universities charge very low MBBS fees in Bangladesh for medical students which attracts an ample number of students.
- For all the International students, MBBS in Bangladesh is an awesome choice for them.
- Bangladesh MBBS is cost-effective which forms a great factor in fascinating lots of medical students to pursue their medical education.
- As Bangladesh is considered to be a developing country, there is no compromise done on the quality of medical education provided to the medical students.
- Bangladesh offers a great education and has maintained huge education standards in the medical field that students come to pursue Bangladesh MBBS.
- Medical universities in Bangladesh offer world-class education and have even maintained the standards set by the developed nations.
- Medical universities in Bangladesh have set world-class parameters for themselves in providing medical education to the students.
- Medical universities in Bangladesh are acknowledged by some of the renowned medical councils namely the National Medical Commission(NMC) Formally known as the Medical Council of India (MCI), UNESCO, and WHO.
- For Indian students, it’s a boon that after completing their MBBS from Bangladesh they are free to practice medicine in India or in Bangladesh.
- Medical universities in Bangladesh offer wide opportunities to attend workshops, conferences, and other internship programs.
COURSE DURATION OF MBBS IN BANGLADESH
- MBBS in Bangladesh is generally 5 years +1-year Internship.
- The proficiency of professors in the English language is a great help for the Indian students as it is beneficial for them in grasping the concepts of a particular subject well.
- The complete duration of 5 years is not limited to classroom knowledge but the last 1 year is reserved for the internship phase which proves to be helpful for their career.
- Medical universities in Bangladesh focus on education by managing the faculty-student ratio in a way that every individual student gets attention.
- Medical Council of India (MCI) every year declares a list of medical universities that provide medical education in the English language along with a discussion with the Indian Embassy and Ministry of Education in Bangladesh.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR MBBS IN BANGLADESH 2021-22
- Medical universities in Bangladesh have set some criteria for the students who are willing to pursue MBBS from Bangladesh.
- For MBBS admission in Bangladesh, students must satisfy some of the eligibility criteria.
- Age is a vital factor and the correct age for a student who is willing to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh is 17 years.
- Marks also play a pivotal role to take MBBS admission in Bangladesh the marks required
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
- A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 7.00(separately minimum 3.5 in each)
- Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
CERTIFICATES REQUIRED FOR MBBS ADMISSION IN BANGLADESH
- 10th Mark/Grade sheet
- 10th Admit Card/Hall ticket sheet
- 10th Passing Certificate
- 12th Mark/grade sheet
- 12th Admit Card/Hall ticket sheet
- 12th Passing Certificate
- School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
- Copy of Passport
- Equivalency Certificate* (Most Important)
- Two passport-size photographs of the applicant
- Students must have a NEET scorecard which signifies that the student has qualified for NEET with how much percentage.
Note: All documents must be attested by the foreign ministry & Bangladesh High Commission of your country.
COURSE STRUCTURE & DURATION
The MBBS course is divided into 4 phases
The MBBS course is divided into 4 phases
|1st Phase||1½ Year||1. Anatomy|
|2nd Phase||1 Year||1. Community Medicine|
2. Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
|Second Professional MBBS Examination|
|3rd Phase||1 Year||1. Microbiology|
3. Pharmacology & Therapeutics
|Third Professional MBBS Examination|
|4th Phase||1½ Year||1. Medicine & Allied Subjects|
2. Surgery & Allied Subjects
3. Obstetrics & Gynecology
COMMON RULES FOR EXAMINATIONS(BM&DC)
- University Professional MBBS examination will commence in May and November.
- University Professional MBBS examinations will be completed within the specified time of the concerned phase.
- After passing all the subjects of the First Professional MBBS examination students can appear for the Second Professional MBBS examination if all other prerequisites for appearing in the 2nd Professional examination are fulfilled as per the curriculum. Only those students who appeared in the 1st Professional MBBS examination will be eligible to attend all classes of the 2nd phase including clinical ward placement within two weeks of completion of the 1st Professional MBBS examination.
- To appear in the 3rd Professional MBBS examination students will have to pass all the subjects of the 2nd Professional MBBS examination and all other prerequisites for appearing in the 3rd Professional MBBS examination must be fulfilled as per the curriculum.
- To appear 4th (Final) Professional MBBS examination students will have to pass all the subjects of the 3rd Professional MBBS examination and all other prerequisites for appearing in the 4th (Final) Professional MBBS examination must be fulfilled as per the curriculum.
- A student will be eligible to appear in the 4th (Final) Professional MBBS examination only after completion of a period of 12 months from passing all the subjects of the 3rd Professional MBBS examination to attain clinical skills.
RECOGNITION OF BANGLADESH MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES
- MCI (Medical Council of India)
- WHO (World Health Recognition)
- Medical and Dental Council of Bangladesh
- Equivalent standards of South East Asia and British
- Ministry of Health and Family Welfare Government of Bangladesh
- World Federation for Medical Education (WFME)
- Ministry of Education, Bangladesh
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
MCI-APPROVED MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES IN BANGLADESH
- Bangladesh University of Professionals
- Gono Bishwabiddalay, Bangladesh
- Shah Jalal Uni. of Science & Technology, Sylhet
- University of Chittagong
- University of Dhaka
- University of Rajshahi
- University of Science & Technology, Chittagong
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR MBBS IN BANGLADESH
- A medical student must be the first lookout for the appropriate university along with its pros and cons.
- Medical students must submit all the essential documents required by the particular university.
- After the medical university has accepted the application of the student and will then issue the confirmatory letter.
- Then, the medical student is required to submit the overall fees.
- After this, the student is required to apply for the student VISA.
- After completing all the processes, a medical student is free to come to Bangladesh and start studying.
IMPORTANT STEPS FOR MBBS ADMISSION IN BANGLADESH
- Select the College to which you want to take Admission.
- Check its Admission Eligibility Criteria.
- Send scan copy of 10th& 12th Marksheet to Email: [email protected] or WhatsApp: +91-8499000022 Provisional Admission letter will be provided in 24hr after Email/WhatsApp received.
- Send seat booking amount to the college account mentioned on Provisional Admission Letter.
Note: Don’t pay seat booking amount to anyone in cash. Directly you can transfer From your Bank account to your college account through TT (Telegraphic Transfer).
- After the seat booking amount payment college will provide a confirmation letter.
- All Documents (10th& 12th Admit Card, Marksheet) must be attested by the Foreign Ministry & Bangladesh High Commission of your country.
- Download the MBBS admission form’ from the website of the Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
- Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank in your country in favor of DGHS and get the receipt.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to the Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or you can contact us on Call/WhatApss:+91-8499000022.
- Apply for Visa.
- After getting a Visa book a ticket for Bangladesh
ADVANTAGES OF MBBS IN BANGLADESH
- MBBS in Bangladesh is open for all those students who are not able to score well in NEET and can’t get admission to govt medical universities in India.
- The local people in Bangladesh are welcoming and its rich heritage and culture provide a comforting environment for the students.
- Students after adjusting well to Bangladesh can term it as their second home.
- The amenities offered by medical universities in Bangladesh are outstanding whether it's lab or the latest tools.
- Students need not worry about clearing or qualifying for any entrance test before taking MBBS admission in Bangladesh.
- Students can pay the fees in installments or go for educational loans if they are unable to pay the fees in one go.
- Medical universities in Bangladesh provide a homely environment for national as well as international students.
- The medical degrees are acknowledged worldwide which is a primary factor in making MBBS in Bangladesh a success.
- The accommodation facilities are comfortable and secured for the comfort of the students.
Tuition fee - Includes college fees, Library charges, Laboratory charges & Examination fees. The fee can be paid in yearly/half-yearly installments.
Hostel fee - Includes Accommodation, Beddings, Furniture, 24-hrs Electricity, 24-hrs Gas in a Separate Kitchen, 24-hrs Hot & cold water supply, and a Centralized Room AC system.
Note: The tuition fee shown above in the table, is subject to change, and the university reserves all the rights to change the fees anytime without any prior personal intimation to the students. You can contact us to know the exact amount of the fee in INR.
EDUCATION METHODOLOGY IMPLEMENTED BY BANGLADESH MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES
- Every country has its own methods of teaching.
- In a similar way, Bangladesh has adopted different education media for teaching.
- Some of the medical universities in Bangladesh use Bengali as the teaching methodology.
- While some other medical universities in Bangladesh use English as a teaching methodology.
- For the benefit of the students, some Bangladesh medical universities use bilingual language as a teaching medium that is to say both Bengali and English used in teaching medicine.
- Medical students must be clear enough before seeking admission to Bangladesh medical universities that which teaching medium they are using.
- The local language of Bangladesh is taught to the medical students which will help them in the future and that too is a part of the curriculum and no extra fees are charged.
- This assists the medical students in their holistic development as well as in interacting with the patients.
DISADVANTAGES OF BANGLADESH MBBS
- First-year Initial Fees are higher compared to other countries for Study Abroad. For Example, if the total fee is US$ 32000 for a 5+1 years MBBS course, then you may ask to pay 30%–40% of the total package of US$ 12000 in the First year
- Very Strict Admission process, Candidate must fulfill all Eligibility Criteria.
- No Seat Relaxation on the basis of Categories.
- All Medical colleges are not good. Some Greedy Management join hands with Admission agents from Bangladesh/India to hike their college fees without providing the required infrastructure.
- There is no nightlife like no late nite party, no pubs, no disco, no bar, no casino
- All College hostel rooms are not equipped with AC, you may need to prior requisition for AC
- You will get very few holidays.
- Bengali speaking is required when you interact with the local outdoor patients.
- You have to select a proper medical college with expert guidance like CareerMarg.
NEET SCORES: GOOD OR BAD
- Medical students who have not scored well in the NEET exam, don’t be disheartened.
- You still have a chance to study medicine in Bangladesh.
- Medical students can pursue MBBS from Bangladesh in case they are not able to book a seat for themselves in Indian medical colleges.
- Private medical colleges in India generally charge a huge amount for medical education.
- Therefore, MBBS from Bangladesh is a great opportunity for medical students who are willing to pursue medical education at low fees in Bangladesh.
STRATEGIES REQUIRED FOR BANGLADESH MEDICAL UNIVERSITIES
- Indian students need to qualify for the MCI Screening test after studying medicine in Bangladesh. This is owing to the fact that to practice in India it is compulsory to clear MCI Screening Test.
- For students, the Medical Council of India has made it mandatory to clear NEET because students are not able to clear the MCI Screening test afterward.
- In 2002, the Medical Council of India (MCI) made it mandatory for the Indian students to clear the MCI Screening test in order to practice medicine in India.
- The figures highlight that more than 2000 Indian medical students go to Bangladesh every year which makes MBBS from Bangladesh a necessity.
- NEXT (National Exit Test) has been made a final MBBS exam and a common exit exam all across the globe.
- Medical students do not have to appear for any other exam after MBBS which is required to obtain a license for practicing medicine.
- In fact, the NEXT exam can also act as the screening test for all the Indian medical students completing their MBBS from Bangladesh in order to practice medicine in India.
BANGLADESH: WANT TO EXPLORE?
- Dhaka happens to be the capital of Bangladesh and is the education hub for medical education as well.
- Bengali is spoken as the official language by the people of Bangladesh and more than 25% of the population speaks English in Bangladesh.
- The minimum temp varies from 1 to 2 degrees Celsius whereas the maximum temp goes up to 35 degrees Celsius.
- Bangladesh shares boundaries with India and the currency is Bangladesh Taka where 1 Bangladesh Taka amounts to 0.84 Indian Rupee.
- Bangladesh is only half an hour ahead of India and it takes approx. 2 hours to reach from India to Bangladesh.
- More than 80% of the Bangladesh people are Muslims where subtropical climate prevails.
- The population in Bangladesh on an average is 16.47 crores not huge.
LIVELY FACTS ABOUT BANGLADESH
- Bangladesh is considered to be a beautiful country surrounded by greenery and waterways.
- Bangladesh's living style is safe and secure. People there have banned the use of drugs and alcohol.
- Bangladesh is considered to be 3rd largest in terms of Muslim population just after Indonesia and Pakistan.
- Bangladesh has fertile land which is great as it has the largest delta in the whole world.
- If you want to see the world’s largest river then you need to explore Bangladesh along with the largest mangrove.
FINANCIAL ADVICE FOR THE PARENTS
- The curriculum of MBBS in Bangladesh and India is quite similar which will relieve parents of the tension that how will their children cope with the changes.
- Bangladesh is popular for providing quality education in the field of medicine. Therefore, parents who are spending money on their children's studies are worth it.
- Parents must analyze and strategize the budget details carefully before choosing the university and the course.
STUDENTS INFORMATION: HAVE A LOOK
- Students must be clear in their heads that how much they are going to spend on the fees as well as other expenses for living in Bangladesh.
- Students must not worry about food as the taste does not differ much in terms of Bangladesh food and Indian food.
- In Bangladesh, the language is spoken in quite the same as in India so there will be no difficulty in interacting or communicating with different people.
- Students must be active enough to select the right medical university as well as the course which is within their budget.
STUDY MBBS IN BANGLADESH FOR INDIAN STUDENTS AT A GLANCE
Intake for MBBS in Bangladesh
Minimum Percentage for MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
Class: 10th60% Marks (Year of Passing2017/2018)
Class: 12th Bio: 60 Marks, Phy: 50 Marks, Chem: 50 Marks (Year of Passing 2019/2020)
Yes With Qualifying Marks
IELTS / TOEFL
32000$ t0 54,000 USD
Rs. 2000 - 3000 Per Month
The college fees package does not include food
5 Years + 1 Years Internship
Medium of Instruction
Top MBBS Universities in Bangladesh
All Government University
MCI and WHO approved
FAQS FOR BANGLADESH MBBS
Question: What is SAARC Quota Scholarship?
Ans. 22 seats are available on 100% scholarship for Indian students under SAARC Quota.
Question: Which colleges are under SAARC Quota Scholarship?
Ans. In all Government Medical Colleges.
Question: How many phases are there in studying MBBS in Bangladesh?
Ans. Medical universities in Bangladesh have segregated Bangladesh MBBS in four phases. Each phase differentiates the other in subjects taught.
Question: How is the education system in Bangladesh divided?
Ans. The education system in Bangladesh is divided into 3 levels namely Primary level, secondary level, and tertiary level.
Question: Is the scholarship given to a student who is pursuing MBBS in Bangladesh?
Ans. Yes, all the medical students who perform brilliantly and have outstanding performance are awarded scholarships.
Question: Is the internship during the last year of Bangladesh MBBS paid or not?
Ans. Yes, in some universities candidates are paid for the internship phase which is advantageous for the medical students and from their career point of view.
Question: Is the fee structure for MBBS in Bangladesh cost-effective?
Ans. Yes, for all the International students you can actually pursue MBBS in Bangladesh as medical universities offer low-cost MBBS.
Question: What makes Bangladesh a perfect destination for pursuing MBBS?
Ans. The homely atmosphere, comforting people, bank loans granted easily and the excellent hostel facility makes Bangladesh the perfect destination for pursuing MBBS.
Question: Which medical bodies acknowledge medical colleges in Bangladesh?
Ans. The Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO) are some of the fundamental medical bodies which acknowledge the medical degree in Bangladesh.
Question: What techniques are adopted by medical universities in Bangladesh for improving the skills of the students?
Ans. Students are made to attend International seminars and conferences which boosts their confidence and helps them in making successful doctors.
Showing 1–10 of 77 items