Admission for Foreign Students
Fees Structure for students Only for India and Nepal (SESSION 2020-2021)
- Course fees:$38,000.00 USD(Including hostel fees, without food charge)
- Duration: 5 (five) years.
Note: For Admission in Universal Medical College contact an authorized representative CareerMarg Private Limited. For Admission or any query Call/WhatsApp: +91-8499000022, Email: email@example.com
|A. At the time of admission: Mode of Payment:
|1. AT THE TIME OF SEAT BOOKING
||US $ 5,000.00
|2. AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION
||US $ 10,000.00
|3. 1st INSTALLMENT (WITHIN NEXT 06 MONTHS)
||US $ 5,000.00
|4. 2nd INSTALLMENT (BY APRIL NEXT YEAR)
||US $ 5,000.00
|5. 3rd INSTALLMENT (BY APRIL NEXT YEAR)
||US $ 5,000.00
|3. 4th INSTALLMENT (BY APRIL NEXT YEAR)
||US $ 5,000.00
|6. 5th INSTALLMENT (BY APRIL NEXT YEAR)
||US $ 3,000.00
||US $ 38,000.00
|IN WORD: (US $) FORTY THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED ONLY.
The MBBS course is divided into 4 phases
Common Rules for Examinations(BM&DC)
- University Professional MBBS examination will commence in May and November.
- University Professional MBBS examinations will be completed within the specified time of the concerned phase.
- After passing all the subjects of First Professional MBBS examination students can appear for Second Professional MBBS examination if all other prerequisites for appearing in 2nd Professional examination are fulfilled as per the curriculum. Only those students who appeared in the 1st Professional MBBS examination will be eligible to attend all classes of 2nd phase including clinical ward placement within two weeks of completion of the 1st Professional MBBS examination.
- To appear in the 3rd Professional MBBS examination students will have to pass all the subjects of the 2nd Professional MBBS examination and all other prerequisites for appearing in the 3rd Professional MBBS examination must be fulfilled as per the curriculum.
- i) To appear 4th (Final) Professional MBBS examination students will have to pass all the subjects of the 3rd Professional MBBS examination and all other prerequisites for appearing in the 4th (Final) Professional MBBS examination must be fulfilled as per the curriculum.
- ii) A student will be eligible to appear in the 4th (Final) Professional MBBS examination only after completion of a period of 12 months from passing all the subjects of the 3rd Professional MBBS examination to attain clinical skills.
Guideline for admission of local students usually given by the Ministry of Health each year. Announcement for admission appears in the National Daily News Papers usually in October (Approx.), seeking application from the interested students.
Eligibility for Local Students to Apply for Admission into 1st Year :
Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 9.00 combinedly in SSC and HSC (separately minimum 3.5 in each) Examination or equivalent and have GPA=3.50 in Biology. Students with a break of study of more than one year are not eligible to apply.
Announcement for admission usually published in the daily newspaper in October each year after admission to Govt. Medical Colleges. Eligible interested candidates are to collect and submit duly filled in application forms within the notified date along with other necessary documents and collect admit card for the admission test.
Admission Test :
The admission test is arranged by DGHS under the ministry of health. Candidates are selected for admission based on merit and notified in the national daily newspapers. The last date of admission is usually given for the selected candidates after which candidates from the waiting list are called if seats remain vacant.
A Medical checkup is done for each selected candidate before admission. Students having gross physical, mental or refractory disorders may not be admitted as per the decision of the medical board.
The government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. The following steps that you need to take if you want to get admitted to Universal Medical College (UMC).
1. If you have the passport of a country having a diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in the MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
2. You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
3. Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
- a. O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
b. A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
c. USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
d. Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 9.00(separately minimum 3.5 in each)
e. Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted into UMC.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College graduation certificates
ii. Mark/grade sheet
iii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iv. Copy of Passport
v. Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- Download the‘ MBBS admission form’ from the website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
- Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favor of DGHS and get the receipt.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an agent.
- Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport, and a letter of intent to Universal Medical College Authorized representative (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp: +918499000022) for booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, the CareerMarg office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
All selected candidates must apply through the Embassy of Bangladesh for obtaining an equivalence certificate for confirmation of admission.