Overview of Prime Medical College (PMC) Rajshahi
The establishment of a medical college imparting medical education leading to a recognized medical degree was taken as the first and foremost aim of the institute. Prime Medical college started functioning from 2008-2009 sessions by admitting 50 students. The Rajshahi University granted affiliation to the College on 1st November 2010.
Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) recognized the college on 6th June 2010. The 1st professional MBBS Examination under Rajshahi University was held in July 2010 after completing two years of prescribed course of studies. Now the 6th Batch of the students are studying in the college. The Ministry of Health and Rajshahi Universityis pleased in academic performance and increased the number of seats from 50 to 125.
Now the college having 25,000 sq. ft. floor space in each floor is a new 7 storied academic building in its own land with adequate parking facilities. All the departments are set up in the college building with tutorial class rooms, laboratories, museum, office rooms. library, conference room & lecture galleries. The attached hospital (PMCH) is a tertiary care rejerral medical facility and provides excellent training to students and Junior doctors & Paramedics. The Hospital has arrangements for 750 inpatients. It is well equipped and provides quality health care to the public at a reasonable cost. The entire hospital staffs are dedicated to excellence and service.
The objectives of the Institute are :
- To promote and provide studies in Medical Science leading to be recognized by the postgraduate institutes.
- To conduct research work on the diseases prevalent in the country.
- To conduct research on medical education with the aim of raising the standard of medical education in the country.
- To provide skilled manpower in the medical, nursing, and paramedical fields.
- To provide quality medical care and health services to people at a reasonable cost.