Admission for Foreign Students
Fees Structure for students Only for India and Nepal (SESSION 2020-2021)
- Course fees:$45,000.00 USD
- Duration: 5 (five) years.
Note: For Admission in Popular Medical College contact an authorized representative CareerMarg Private Limited. For Admission or any query Call/WhatsApp: +91-8499000022, Email: email@example.com
|A. At the time of admission: Mode of Payment:|
|1. AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION||US $ 20,000.00|
|2. 1st Installment By 30th December 2020||US $ 7,000.00|
|3. 2nd Installment By 30th December 2021||US $ 6,000.00|
|4. 3rd Installment By 30th December 2022||US $ 6,000.00|
|5. 4th Installment By 30th December 2023||US $ 6,000.00|
|GRAND TOTAL:||US $ 45,000.00|
|IN WORD: (US $) FORTY THOUSAND FIVE HUNDRED ONLY.|
Five academic years are divided into four definite phases:
Graduation comprises of five academic years & requires a one-year compulsory rotatory internship programme in a recognized hospital in order to be registered under Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council.
|1½ years||Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry & Community Medicine.||First Professional MBBS examination to be held and results to be published within the time period of the academic years. Students are examined for Anatomy, Physiology & Biochemistry.|
|1 year||Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine plus Medicine with Paediatrics, Surgery with Orthopaedics and Trauma.||Second Professional MBBS examination to be held and results to be published within the academic year. Students are examined for Community Medicine & Forensic Medicine.|
|1 year||Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology, Medicine including allied disciplines. Surgery including allied disciplines. Obstetrics & Gynaecology.||Third Professional MBBS examination to be held and results to be published within the academic year. Students are examined for Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology.|
|1½ years||Medicine including allied disciplines (Dermatology, Psychiatry, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Nephrology, Neuromedicine etc.) plus Paediatrics.
Surgery including allied disciplines (Paediatric Surgery, Urology, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, Neurosurgery etc.) plus Orthopaedics & Traumatology, Ophthalmology (Eye), Otolaryngorhinology (ENT).
Obstetrics & Gynaecology including Family Planning.
|Third Professional MBBS examination to be held and results to be published within the academic year. Students are examined for Pathology, Microbiology and Pharmacology.|
Five Academic years have been structured for teaching learning and assessment programs. Teaching-learning programs are conducted through lecture, tutorial, demonstration and performing the task. The assessment program is conducted through both formative and summative procedures. Formative or continuous in-course assessment is conducted by the institute through item, card & term examinations in each phase. Summative or end course assessment is conducted by the University through professional examinations twice in a year in the month of May & November. These end course (summative) examinations are conducted and results published within the specified time of the academic calendar.
Guideline for admission of local students usually given by the Ministry of Health each year. Announcement for admission appears in the National Daily News Papers usually in October (Approx.), seeking application from the interested students.Eligibility for Local Students
Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 9.00 combinedly in SSC and HSC (separately minimum 3.5 in each) Examination or equivalent and have GPA=3.50 in Biology. Students with a break of study of more than one year are not eligible to apply.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR LOCAL STUDENTS
Announcement for admission usually published in the daily newspaper in October each year after admission in Govt. Medical Colleges. Eligible interested candidates are to collect and submit duly filled in application forms within the notified date along with other necessary documents and collect admit card for the admission test.
Admission Test: The admission test is arranged by DGHS under the ministry of health. Candidates are selected for admission based on merit and notified in the national daily newspapers. The last date of admission is usually given for the selected candidates after which candidates from the waiting list are called if seats remain vacant.
Medical checkup: A Medical checkup is done for each selected candidates before admission. Students having gross physical, mental or refractory disorders may not be admitted as per the decision of the medical board.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
Government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. Following are the steps that you need to take if you want to get admitted to Popular Medical College (PMC).
- If you have the passport of a country having diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in MBBScourse (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
- You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
- Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
a. O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
b. A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
c. USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
d. Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 9.00(separately minimum 3.5 in each)
e. Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted into PMC.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College graduation certificates
i. Mark/grade sheet
ii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iii. Copy of Passport
iv. Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- Download ‘MBBS admission form’ from the website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry(www. mofa.gov.bd) and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
- Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favour of DGHS and get the receipt.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or Contact CareerMarg.
- Send copies of your certificates, 10th & 12th mark sheets, passport for a provisional letter of Popular Medical College WhatsApp: +91-8499000022) for booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, CareerMarg office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
All selected candidates must apply through Embassy of Bangladesh for obtaining equivalence certificate for confirmation of admission.