Kumudini Women’s Medical College (KWMC) is a private women's medical college located in Tangail, Bangladesh. Kumudini Women’s Medical College (KWMC) was established within the umbrella of Kumudini Welfare Trust in 2001. The aim is to materialize the dream of the founder by enrolling enthusiastic, dedicated and academically gifted female students who would pursue education which meets their needs and responds to the demand and opportunities of medicine, science, ethics and public policy. KWMC, therefore, recruits academically outstanding and culturally diverse students from Bangladesh and beyond. The college creates a richly supportive environment in which all students can attain their educational goals.
The college is committed to providing excellent medical education programs that produce skilled, compassionate and caring physicians who are proficient in the science and art of medicine, dedicated to the ethical and social principles of the profession and committed to a lifetime of continued learning.
Affiliations of the Medical College:
Kumudini Women’s Medical College has been accorded:
- Permission by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and Affiliation by the University of Dhaka.
- Recognition by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM & DC).
- Listing on International Medical Education Directory- FAIMER, USA, which will enable our graduates to appear at international competitive entrance examination abroad.
Course Curriculum: MBBS
- The MBBS degree requires 5 years of academic course followed by one year of internship in the affiliated hospital.
- Four Professional Examinations are conducted by the University of Dhaka.
- The Professional MBBS Examinations (1st, 2nd, 3rd & Final Professional) occur either on the first week of May or November in each year as per the new curriculum.
- Each subject under the course is divided into a certain number of items and cards examination. To appear at the professional examinations all students have to complete the assigned cards.
- The pass mark for University examination for written, oral and practical/clinical examinations is 60% individually.
- Student passing in the regular MBBS Examination will be eligible to obtain honours ( 85% marks ) and place (up to 10th place ) in order of merit.
After completion of cards students in pre and para-clinical subjects have to appear in term examinations periodically. Similarly, clinical students have to complete items followed by ward completion examinations. Finally, before placement for university professional examinations all students have to appear in pre-professional Examination in each phase.
End-course Examination:The University of Dhaka conducts four professional examinations both for the 5-year MBBS course and 5 years BDS Course.
The 3rd yr MBBS students have to complete one-month COME (Community Oriented Medical Education) as follows:
- RFST (Residential Field Site Training) for 10 days.
- Day Visit (at least 8 visits to be performed) for 10 days.
- Study Tour (to observe different national health-related organizations) for 10 days.
University (Professional) Examination:
- 10% marks of the written examination of each paper for each subject is allocated for formative assessment.
- 20% of marks are allocated for MCQ for each paper. There are separate answer scripts for MCQ examination.
- 70% marks are allocated for SAQ (Short Answer Question) in all subjects (except in Community Medicine) for each paper. Final professional OSPE examinations are conducted by the University of Dhaka on the same date and time.
Schedule and Marks of the professional MBBS Examinations:
|First professional MBBS||At the end of one and a half year||Anatomy|
|Second professional MBBS||At the end of one year||Community Medicine|
|Third professional MBBS||At the end of one year||Pharmacology & Therapeutics|
|Final professional MBBS||At the end of one and a half year||Medicine: (Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Dermatology Psychiatry,)|
Surgery: (General Surgery, Orthopedic, Eye, ENT)
Gynaecology and Obstetrics