Overview of Islami Bank Medical College (IBMC) Rajshahi
The academic activities of Islami Bank Medical College commenced through the admission of 50 students in the 2003-04 academic session. The admission is based on merit keeping in conformity with Government Order published and adopted by IBMC Academic Council and Governing Body.
Islami Bank Medical College is established with a view to training the specially selected high-quality medical candidates to be called ‘Medical students’ for five academic years. They will follow the medical course according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) formulated for MBBS & BDS degrees. The degree thus conferred by the University of Dhaka will be recognized through registration by BMDC. Islami Bank Medical College (IBMC) is committed to creating a cadre of high-quality doctors both by medical knowledge and high moral values, dedicated to suffering humans physically and psychologically in the nation and others across geographical boundaries.
The objectives of Islami Bank Medical College are:
1. To teach that we the human species “are Ashraful maks-lu-kat” created to live in the community with harmony and for each other with tender caring.
2. To teach biochemical sciences traditionally required for medical graduates to meet the responsibilities of providing as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
3. To produce religiously well-disciplined, self-motivated, and dedicated doctors imbued with the spirit of devotion to respond to humans, duty, kindness, tolerance, patience, and compassion.
4. To instill a wide knowledge of the social and economic condition of Bangladesh with a view to imbuing in them the belief, values,s, and ideas of the nation.
5. To inspire the development of essential character qualities, a strong sense of righteousness, and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanities at home and also abroad.