Overview of Eastern Medical College (EMC) Combilla
Eastern Medical College (EMC) is a private medical college located in Bangladesh, established in 2005. The main campus is located beside the Dhaka–Chittagong Highway at Kabila in Burichang Upazila, in the Comilla District of Chittagong Division. It is affiliated with the Chittagong Medical University(University of Chittagong).
It offers a five-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. A one-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates. The degree is recognised by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
The Kabila campus has an attached hospital with 300 beds, and the Race Course campus in Comilla has an attached hospital with 250 beds.
- Eastern Medical College & Hospital has been accorded:
- Permission by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of the Peoples' Republic of Bangladesh
- Affiliation by the University of Chittagong and Chittagong Medical University
- Recognition by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC)
- Enlisted in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED),FAIMER and AVICENNA Directory of Medical School which will enable our graduates to appear at ECFMG and other entrance examinations abroad.
- Membership of South-East Asian Regional Organization for Medical Council
- Scope for MCI, NMC: After obtaining MBBS Degree from Bangladesh, students from India are required to appear in FMGE test, conducted by Medical Council of India. MBBS degree obtained from EMC is recognized by MCI, NMC & other SAARC countries.