The academic activities of Islami Bank Medical College commenced through admission of 50 students in 2003-04 academic session.The admission is based on merit keeping in conformity with Government Order published and adopted by IBMC Academic Council and Governing Body.
Islami Bank Medical College is established with a view to train the specially selected high quality medical candidates to be called ‘Medical students’ for five academic years. They will follow the medical course according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC) formulated for MBBS & BDS degree. The degree thus be conferred by the University of Dhaka will be recognized through registration by BMDC. Islami Bank Medical College (IBMC) is committed to create a cadre of high quality doctors both by medical knowledge and high moral values, dedicated for suffering human physically and psychologically in the nation and others across the geographical boundaries.
The objectives of Islami Bank Medical College are:
1. To teach that we the human species “are Ashraful maks-lu-kat” created to live in the community with harmony and for each other with tender caring.
2. To teach bio-chemical sciences traditionally required for medical graduate to meet the responsibilities of providing as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
3. To produce religiously well disciplined, self motivated and dedicated doctors imbued with the spirit of devotion to responsibility to human, duty, kindness, tolerance, patience and compassion.
4. To instill a wide knowledge of the social and economic condition of Bangladesh with a view to imbuing in them the belief, value and ideas of the nation.
5. To inspire development of essential characters qualities, strong sense of righteousness and basic desire to serve the suffering humanities at home and also abroad.