Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test (TS PGECET) is conducted by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of the Telangana State Council of Higher Education (TSCHE). Shortlisted candidates will get admission into Regular PG Courses in Engineering, Technology, Architecture, Pharmacy (ME / MTech / MPharmacy / MArch),Graduate level Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate) for the academic year 2020-21. GATE/GPAT candidates are also eligible to apply for TS PGECET 2020.
Highlights of TS PGECET 2021
|Exam Name||Telangana State Post Graduate Engineering Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Osmania University on behalf of TSCHE|
|Periodicity||Once a year|
|Programs Offered||ME / M.Tech. / M.Pharmacy / M.Arch and Pharm-D (Post Baccalaureate)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test|
|Type and No. of Questions||Objective, 120 Questions|
|Validity of TS PGECET Score||One year|
|Number of Seats||Approximately 40,000|
TS PGECET 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the TS PGECET important dates from below:
|Starting of online application form||12th March 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application fee (Without late fee)||10th June 2020|
|Last date for submission application fee (with a late fee of Rs. 500/-)||31st July 2020|
|Application form correction||–|
|Downloading of hall tickets||17th September 2020|
|Examination date||21st to 24th September 2020|
|Response sheet release||28th September 2020|
|Answer key and question paper release||28th September 2020|
|Result/ rank card declaration||16th October 2020|
|Counselling starts||11th November 2020|
TS PGECET 2020 Eligibility
Nationality – Candidates should be a citizen of India.
Domicile – Candidates should belong to the State of Telangana / Andhra Pradesh. The candidate should satisfy the local/non-local status requirements as laid down in the regulations of admission. (Ref. G.OMs.No.153 dated 22-08-2007)
Qualifying marks - Candidates should obtain at least 50% marks (45% in case of candidate belonging to ST/SC/OBC/PwD) in the qualifying examination
TS PGECET 2021 Syllabus
TS PGECET Syllabus will be different for a different course. The syllabus for a few courses will be as described below:
Architecture & Planning (AR):
Housing, Landscape design, visual & urban design, building services, computer-aided design, material & structural services, building constructions & management, planning theory, service, amenities, and development, techniques of planning, and planning theory.
It includes topics as Electrical Engineering, Biomedical engineering, engineering mathematics, electronic engineering, instrumentation engineering, and electronics.
- Engineering Mathematics: Topics consist as Differential equation, linear algebra, mathematics calculus, numeral methods, and probability & statics.
- Biotechnology: Molecular biology & genetics, microbiology, recombinant DNA technology, biochemistry, plant & animal biotechnology.
Aerospace Technology (AS):
- Engineering Mathematics: Linear Algebra, Numerical methods, calculus, and differential calculus.
- Aerodynamics: Structural dynamic, stress & strain, viscous flows, compressible flows, basic fluid mechanics, Airfoils & wings, wind tunnel testing, propulsion, flight vehicle & structure
- Flights Mechanics: Atmosphere, static stability & dynamics stability, aeroplane performance, and much more.
- Space Dynamics: Central force motion, orbital period in simple cases & orbit transfer, and determination of trajectory.
- Geotechnical Engineering & Environmental Engineering: Soil Mechanics & Foundation engineering.
- Structural Engineering: Solid Mechanics, concrete structures, steel structures, and structural analysis.
- Engineering Mathematics: Complex variables, numerical method & mechanics, linear algebra, probability & statics, calculus, and differential equations.
- Water Resource Engineering Transportation Engineering: Irrigation, Air pollution, Hydrology, Traffic engineering & surveying, water requirement, noise pollution, highway planning, and hydraulics.
TS PGECET 2021 Exam Pattern
Here we are mentioning the details of the TS PGECET 2021 Exam Pattern. The TS PGECET 2021 Exam Pattern is available here for all the candidates.
The TS PGECET 2021 Exam Pattern will help the candidates to secure good marks in the entrance test.
- Mode of Examination: The examination will be conducted through Online mode.
- Duration of Examination: The examination will be conducted within 2 Hours.
- Language of Examination: The examination will be in the English language only.
- Question Types: The question will be in the Multiple Choice Format (MCQs).
- Marking Scheme: For each correct answer, +1 Mark will be allotted.
- Total Question: There will be a total of 120 Question will be asked.
- Sessions: The paper will be conducted in two sessions I .e.Morning and Evening Shift.