By: Career Marg Team | on September 6, 2023
Admission procedures for MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery) in Bangladesh can vary slightly from one medical college to another, but here is a general overview of the process:
- To be eligible for MBBS admission in Bangladesh, you typically need to have completed your high school education (12 years of schooling) or an equivalent qualification with a strong background in science subjects, including biology, chemistry, and physics.
- You may also need to meet specific GPA (Grade Point Average) requirements, which can vary among institutions.
Appear for the Admission Test:
- Most medical colleges in Bangladesh require candidates to take a competitive entrance examination. This admission test assesses your knowledge in subjects like biology, chemistry, and physics. The questions are usually multiple-choice and designed to test your understanding of these subjects at the high school level.
- It's crucial to prepare thoroughly for this entrance exam as admission is highly competitive.
- After passing the admission test, you can apply to the medical colleges of your choice.
- The application process typically involves filling out an application form provided by the respective college or university. You may also need to submit various documents, including educational transcripts, passport-sized photographs, and a copy of your national ID or passport.
Merit List and Selection:
- Following the review of applications and admission test scores, the medical colleges will publish a merit list of selected candidates.
- Admission is generally granted based on merit, with higher-scoring candidates having a better chance of securing a seat.
Counseling and Seat Allocation:
- Shortlisted candidates are usually invited for counseling sessions, during which they can choose their preferred medical college based on their ranking in the merit list.
- Seats are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis during the counseling process.
Document Verification and Admission Confirmation:
- Once you have selected a college and have been allocated a seat, you will need to provide all necessary documents for verification.
- If your documents are in order and you meet all eligibility criteria, your admission will be confirmed.
Payment of Fees:
- You will be required to pay the necessary fees for your MBBS program upon confirmation of your admission. The fee structure can vary among colleges.
Orientation and Commencement of Classes:
- After completing the admission process and paying the fees, you will attend an orientation program, and your regular classes for the MBBS program will begin.