JEE Main 2021 Preparation Tips help the students to crack this exam easily. JEE Main is a national level exam, which is a gateway to get admissions in various undergraduate engineering courses provided by top colleges of the country. A large number of students will appear for this exam. The competition level is getting higher year by year for JEE Main because a large number of students appear for this exam. Here we have provided you with an article by which you will get some tips & tricks about How to Prepare for JEE Main 2021. This article will definitely help you to crack JEE Main in some simple steps.
JEE Main 2021 Preparation Tips
Before preparing for any examination, candidates must make a schedule & prepare as per the courses. Here, we are providing some preparation tips to crack JEE Main 2021 examination.
JEE Main Study Material
Class Notes are the perfect example of an initiating step that helps you begin from scratch and build your concepts strong slowly. Always remember to pen down all the important information you receive in the class. Class notes will provide the basic founding steps to your JEE Main preparation. Once the basic concepts are clear and understood, students can move on to build on this knowledge.
Online Test Series
Candidates can purchase the online test series by some of the best and top coaching institutes in online mode only. The tests will be a dummy of the actual question paper and will definitely help the candidates in getting an overview of the actual question paper and prepare for it in a better way. The features of the online test series will exactly the same as the original question paper.
Online tutorials are a good source of preparation as one can find unlimited video lectures on each subject. Each video is quite informative and easy to comprehend. The lectures are prepared by field experts to cater to the needs of students who are slow at understanding concepts. The content offered through these channels is reliable, given by field experts. Also, students can rely on these video lectures in case they’ve missed a topic or had doubts even after attending the lecture.
Previous Year Sample Papers
Candidates are advised to attempt at least 10- 15 previous year sample papers before appearing for the actual examination to understand the paper pattern, marking scheme and types of questions asked in the examination. By attempting the previous years’ question papers, candidates can analyze their level of preparation and work on their weaker sections. This will strengthen your preparation and will definitely help you in achieving a better score.
It can be a difficult job to select a book for the preparation of the examination. Candidates have to keep few points in mind while selecting a book for the preparation:
- Always go for the latest edition as they follow the most recent exam pattern
- NCERT Textbooks should be chosen first
- Be specific and select only a limited number of books.
JEE Main Youtube Channels
Scoring well in the JEE Main exams is the dream of many aspirants. The two-level entrance test opens the gateway to the prestigious institutes like NITs, IITs, IIITs etc. One may find it difficult to understand a particular topic from books. Hence, Youtube channels are a good source of preparation as one can find unlimited video lectures on each subject. Each video is quite informative and easy to comprehend. The lectures are prepared by field experts to cater to the needs of students who are slow at understanding concepts.
Prepare for JEE Main 2021: With or Without Coaching?
JEE Main 2021 is a tough nut to crack and for their benefit, many candidates join a coaching institute which has also become a trend. Joining a coaching institute does help a lot but it isn’t necessary. The coaching material will help you form a strong base for JEE Main 2021. You would have to follow a particular study pattern set by the respective institutes and plan your study schedule accordingly. If you are comfortable studying in such a way, you can join a reputed coaching institute.
But, if you cannot cope with such a pattern, don’t forget self-study is always the best option. Self-studying will prove to be as advantageous as joining a coaching institute considering you plan your time table well and follow the same rigorously. Meanwhile, you can prepare for various Olympiads and exams like NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) which will strengthen your skills and knowledge from the grass-root level. This will also aid in the preparation for your board exams.
JEE Main Preparation Tips for Students from Class XI & XII
- Tackling Backlogs from Class XI: After the commencement of STD XI, list down the topics that you feel you were weak in. Before STD XII classes begin, in between the session gap, revise those topics thoroughly and build that base that went lacking while the academic session. If you keep them lagging, just before the JEE Main Exam, it will become difficult for you to study them all from scratch.
- Maintaining Notes: Make a habit of maintaining notes of important topics. This is extremely crucial because just in a few weeks’ time, before the exam, you will want to go through each chapter, but time will be limited. At that juncture, your notes will come in handy. You can refer to important formulae, short cut methods and other essential information that you had jotted down while preparing for the topic.
- Avoiding Complacency: Do not delay or take things lightly. Each day is important in the course of preparing yourself and eventually cracking important entrance exams, one like JEE Main 2021.
- Utilizing Time judicially: Time management is one of the biggest pillars of success in an exam like this. Ensure to divide your available time well-balanced between school, coaching classes, entertainment & exercise.
- Focusing on Board Exam: For students in STD XII, they have to be mindful that they should score high in their board exams also. Thus, they should not take their school exams lightly as the sessional assessments will eventually reflect what you end up scoring in the final exam.
Subject-Wise Strategy for JEE Main 2021
Planning and strategizing isn’t the challenging part. The challenging and time-consuming bit is the action. For your ease, we have devised subject-wise strategies for your reference that will help you crack the Engineering entrance exam.
Physics: Understanding concepts and solving problems is the key to score well in Physics. Tighten your grip on the basics of the subject rather than memorizing the formulas. While preparing, master the concepts before you start solving questions. Numerical problems and conceptual questions, both are important for JEE.
Mathematics: Mathematics requires immense practice and you must ensure that concepts and formulae are at your fingertips. Know every possible shortcut and formula. Mathematics is not just solving, it needs little visualisation skills too.
Chemistry: Complete NCERT thoroughly and you’re done with the basics of your Inorganic Chemistry. Make suitable notes for each chapter and study all reaction mechanisms and remember all named reactions. Constantly revise your reactions and formulae in free time. On the other hand, for Physical Chemistry, read from NCERT and have your concepts clarified. After you are done with the chapter, write down all equations from the chapter in a notebook for speedy reference while solving problems.
Best Books for JEE Main Preparation
Best Books for JEE Main 2021 Preparation
Concepts of Physics by H.C.Verma
Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday and Walker
Understanding of JEE Physics by D.C. Pandey
Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd
Numerical Chemistry by P. Bahadur
Practice Book Chemistry For Jee Main and Advanced 2021 by Arihant Experts
Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee
Problems Plus in IIT Mathematics by A. Das Gupta