US-Bangla Medical College Hospital has been established under the limited company as a conglomerate offering medical education & research, hospital care as well as future training in nursing services. The complex is at present situated in Tarabo, Rupgonj in Narayangonj district. Because of its own uniqueness, Rupgonj and its rural settings provide an ideal location for establishing the Medical College in Bangladesh. With a large hospital, abundantly equipped with modern tools, excellent infrastructure and institutional facilities, a Medical College of the high national standard became a natural consequence. It is in the contest that some leading members of the medical profession decide to establish a well equipped and par excellence medical college at Rupgonj, which is affordable to all income groups.
The College at present is entirely self-contained with 5 storied buildings with all departments, laboratories, library, museums, dissection hall, lecture gallery, cafeteria, hostels for students of either sex, accommodation facilities for teachers, etc. Indeed, the idyll serenity of the campus and the beautifully landscaped terrain provide a pollution-free congenial environment for the modern method of teaching and learning. The College is affiliated and approved institution of Dhaka University. A General Hospital for Medical services to the local people.
Why Study at US-Bangla Medical College(USBMC) ?
There is many reason to study at US-Bangla Medical College. Our dedicated faculty, state-of-the-art laboratories, well-funded researchers and innovative curriculum, coupled with our commitment to the underserved, are just a few of the many reasons students chose.
- USBMC is committed to ensuring quality education of global standard.
- USBMC offers students the advantages of an affordable, personalized education of global standard.
- USBMC offers quite a large number of scholarships to students based on their merits, necessities, and previous professional exam results.
- USBMC also offers special incentives to the offspring of the freedom fighters, meritorious and poor students.
- USBMC updates its academic curriculum on a regular basis to keep pace with the trends of the modern world.
- USBMC provides transport facilities for students and also faculty members.
- USBMC provides the Internet with Wi-Fi facility free of cost.
- All students are to attend classes in clean well dressed white Apron.
- All students are to carry their Identity Cards when in college.
- Rings, bangles are discouraged as they cause impediments to practical work.
- Fashionable dresses, untidy hair, slippers are discouraged in the college campus.
- Environment is to be kept clean. Students should throw litters in to waste paper basket.
- Pasting of posters on the walls of the college and the hospital buildings and or hanging of posters in the college and in the hospital premises are prohibited unless permitted by authority. These are considered as acts of indiscipline and offenders are liable to punishment.
- Smoking is forbidden in the college campus.
- All type of demonstrations, processions, shouting in the college and hospital premises are prohibited and students involved are liable to be expelled from the college.
- Students will state their problems/grievances/inconveniences to their Supervisor Teachers. The Supervisor will solve the problems of the students himself/herself or refer them to the Principal. Statement of the problems /grievances/inconveniences by the students must be in a orderly and disciplined manner. Any act of indiscipline on the part of any student including usage of abusive words or objectionable words and sentences, will make the students liable to be punished by expulsion from the College.
- Student must not misbehave with the staff or employees of the college or the hospital. Acts of misbehavior are also acts of indiscipline and liable for punishment.
- The Students are expected to maintain the highest standard in their academic activities. Smoking or any sort of addiction is strictly prohibited in the campus.
- At the time of admission into the college, the students and parents/guardians will have to sign a bond that their children/wards will abide by the rules and regulations of the college.
- Every student shall provide for himself/herself all the prescribed Text books, dissecting instruments, medical equipments etc. The college will not supply these to the students.
- In case of illness or other unavoidable reasons for non attendance, a written statement from the parent/guardian is to be presented to the teachers concerned, who in turn will submit it to the Principal for approval.
- Cost of loss, damage to college/hospital property is liable to be realised from the student found responsible for the loss, damage.
- Political activities are not permitted in the college.
- Students are allowed to use the Library. They will sit and read. Books will be issued to the students only for reading in the Library. Home issue for the students is not permitted.
- Students should have a minimum of 75% attendance to qualify to sit for assessment examinations.
- All students must fulfill the criteria laid down by Dhaka University and BMDC and clear all their dues before being permitted to sit for professional examinations.
- All students who have passed MBBS are to undergo one year Internship Training (Hospital training) as per rules and regulations of BMDC (Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council)
Eligibility for Admission
1. Students who have been in the national merit list published by the director general of health sevices, Dhaka are eligible to get admission in the first year MBBS course in US-Bangla Medical College within the scheduled time by the government.
2. Those who passed 0 level and A-Level and have equivalent G.P.A. points are also eligible to apply.
Application form, prospectus and other information are available at the office of US-Bangla Medical College. Completed Application form and relevant documents must be submitted to the office by the candidate or his/her representative in person within the announced date and time.
Procedure of Selection for Students:
1. Selection of students will be made strictly on the basis of the results of the written examination administered by the DG Health.
2. All applications for admission must be submitted in the prescribed form available from the office of the Principal, US-Bangla Medical College.
3. Completed application in prescribed form will be submitted to the office of the Principal, US-Bengal Medical College within the prescribed time schedule.
Documents to be submitted by the candidate
1. Certificate of S.S.C. & H.S.C Examination or its equivalent.
2. Testimonial of passing H.S.C. Examination from the Principal of the College from which he/she passed the H.S.C. Examination.
3. Mark Sheets of S.S.C. and H.S.C. Examinations.
4. Certificate from the head of the institution in which the applicant studied last regarding her/his character, career and extra curricular activities.
5. Character certificate from a class 1 Gazetted Officer.
6. Nationality certificate from UP Chairman/Ward Commissioner.
7. 3 (Three) copies of recent passport size and 1(one) stamp size photographs.
8. Acknowledgement slip showing the payment of registration fees for application of admission in first year MBBS class.
9. Original copies of the above documents are to be produced at the time of admission.
10. List of selected candidates will be notified in the Notice Board from time to time.
All information regarding admission will be found on the Notice Board of the US-Bangla Medical College.
Every applicant provisionally selected for admission shall be medically examined by a medical Board and must be declared fit before admission.
Expense of Study
Tuition fees and all other fees payable at the time of admission will be notified in an appropriate time. All payments are to be made in full at the time of admission. If any students after admission decides to leave the course or left the college he will not claim a refund of admission fee at the time of admission and he/she will pay all tuition fees for next 5 years. After that, he will be given all his/her certificates back and a letter stating cancellation of his admission/ studentship. He/she will not apply for any refund of the deposited money in the future or any time thereafter.
Admission in US-Bangla Medical College
Students will be admitted in MBBS course within a date line (to be announced in appropriate time) from the candidates willing to get admission in US-Bangla Medical College in order of national merit in the admission test. During admission, the candidate must pay the fees and produce all original documents (SSC & HSC certificate and marks sheets or equivalent certificates from the Director General of Health Service).
Conduct and discipline
Students must observe strict discipline in the college. Non-adherence to these rules and regulations will make the students liable for disciplinary action. On disciplinary grounds, the following penalties may be imposed on a student (according to the nature of the offense committed).
2. Fines (Amount to be decided by the authorities).
3. Expulsion from the college (temporarily or permanent) depending on the gravity of the offense committed. Penalties imposed on a student will be recorded in his/her Transcript/testimonial. A student’s name may be struck off from the College Register under the following circumstances:
i. Remaining absent from classes for more than three months without any information.
ii. On the disciplinary ground on the advice of the Academic Council.
iii. On non-payment of the College dues within three months of the date of payment.
- Student attendances are recorded in Attendance Registers. Attendance reports are sent to the Parents/Guardians on a quarterly basis.
For Admission Call/whatsapp on: +91-8499000022.