Master of Science in Child Health Nursing
M.Sc. Child Health Nursing or Master of Science in Child Health Nursing is a postgraduate Nursing course. Child Health Nursing is typically registered nurses who provide health care to adolescents and children. Course helps to play a special role in supporting young patients and their families by explaining patients’ conditions, treatment options and providing emotional support. Child Health Nursing offers several career options that encompass a range of duties and responsibilities. The duration of the course is two years and it is career orienting in nature that opens many jobs for them after its completion.
M.Sc. Child Health Nursing Eligibility
- B.Sc. or any other equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks and the entrance test held at the time.
M.Sc. Child Health Nursing Syllabus
Syllabus of Child Health Nursing as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|2||Advanced Nursing Practice|
|3||Nursing Research & Statistics|
|4||Paediatric Nursing (Child Health Nursing)|
|2||Nursing Research (Dissertation)|
|3||Paediatric (Child Health) Nursing|
M.Sc. Child Health Nursing Colleges
- Bharath University, Chennai
- West Bengal University of Health Sciences – WBUHS, Kolkata
- Saveetha University, Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
M.Sc. Child Health Nursing Course Suitability
- The course is suitable for those who planned to go for teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions.
- They should have good communication skills such as able to interpret a child’s behaviour and reactions, and relying on non-verbal communication skills.
- Applicants must have open-mindedness as they have to adapt to a wide range of social and cultural settings, especially if you are working in children’s own homes.
- Candidates must have also people skills apart from child skills; as they have to deal with worried parents who have panic, anxiety, anger, powerlessness or guilt therefore it is essential that you have a supportive approach to help them through this.
- Course is also suitable to provide a solid academic base to the understanding and development of nursing practice in the area of child health and illness.
How is M.Sc. Child Health Nursing Course Beneficial?
- The course is beneficial to develop advanced skills for nursing intervention in various paediatric medical and surgical conditions.
- Course enables the student to function as paediatric nurse practitioner/specialist. It will further enable the student to function as educator, manager, and researcher in the field of Paediatric nursing.
- After passing the course they have many opportunities to work in a variety of places including community and hospital settings, education and research.
- It is helpful for those candidates who use theory, research, and clinical expertise to improve the health of people of all ages.
M.Sc. Child Health Nursing Employment Areas
- Collaborative Clinical Practice
- Nurse-managed Clinics
- Rural Health Clinics
- School-based Clinics
- Migrant Clinics
- Specialty Practice
- Clinical Research
- Group Clinical Practice/HMOs
- Parish Clinics
- Medically Underserved Areas
M.Sc. Child Health Nursing Job Types
- Health Specialist
- School Health Nurse
- Nurse Educator
- Dialysis Technician & Therapist
- Clinical Instructor
- Dietician & Nutrionist
After completing M.Sc. (Child Health Nursing) you can become: