Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post Certificate)
|Eligibility:||10+2 or an equivalent examination|
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) or Bachelor of Science in Nursing (Post Certificate) is an undergraduate Nursing course. It is also termed as P.C. B.Sc. Nursing which is an acronym of the course, similarly some institutes have acronyms such as Post Certificate B.Sc. (Nsg) and P.C. B.Sc. (N) in their brochures for the same course. Nursing is a healthcare profession related to the care of individuals, families, and communities; so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. The duration of B.Sc. in Nursing Post Certificate is ranging from one academic year to three but it varies from institute to institute. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi is providing in two year. The minimum time to complete the course is also differentiating from institute to institute. The course may also be available on part time basis in some certain institutes. The syllabus for the course is divided into two years. Many colleges are offering certificate and diploma course in nursing as well due to its value, worthiness and job orienting nature.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) Eligibility
- Students must have been passed the Higher Secondary/Senior Secondary/Intermediate/10+2 or an equivalent examination from a recognized School Board. Those who have completed10+1 in or before 1986, will be eligible for admission.
- Those who have a certificate in General Nursing and Midwifery and registered as R.N.R.M. with the State Nurses Registration Council also are eligible for it.
- A male nurse, trained before the implementation of the new integrated course besides being registered as a nurse with State Nurses Registration Council, shall produce evidence of training approved by Indian Nursing Council for a similar duration in lieu of midwifery in any one of the following areas such as O.T. Techniques, Ophthalmic Nursing, Leprosy Nursing, TB Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing, Neurological and Neuro surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Cancer Nursing and Orthopedic Nursing.
- They will be medically fit and admitted once in a year
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) Syllabus
Syllabus of Nursing (Post Certificate) as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|2||Nutrition & Dietetics|
|3||Biochemistry & Biophysics|
|6||Child Health Nursing|
|8||Medical & Surgical Nursing|
|2||Community Health Nursing|
|3||Mental Health Nursing|
|4||Introduction to Nursing|
|6||Introduction to Nursing Administration|
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) Colleges
- Army Institute of Nursing – AIN, Guwahati
- National Institute of Nursing Education – NINE, Chandigarh
- Symbiosis International University – SIU, Pune
- Karavali College of Nursing Science, Mangalore
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) Course Suitability
- Students those who want to have B.Sc. in Nursing (Post Certificate) and have flexibility, adaptability, organisation and time management, leadership, determination and the ability to conduct research are most suitable for this course.
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level aiming to become teacher/lecturer also are good suit for it.
- One should be hard worker as the job demands it; they have to work for many hours in standing position and by moving here and there.
How is B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) Course Beneficial?
- This degree course enables the students to go for various nursing, midwifery and clinics and health departments, orphanages and old age homes, military, schools, industrial houses and factories its related other medical jobs.
- The course gives good base to the students for higher degree program in respective subjects those who want to become teacher/lecturer and willing for further research work.
- They can also go for Public Health Nursing and Community Health Nursing.
- Other benefit of this course is that they can go for Industrial Nursing/Occupational Health Nursing. Here nurses work under the direction of the industrial physicians and assist him in taking preventive safety measures during any type accidents.
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) Employment Areas
- Industrial Factories/Houses
- Educational/Research Institutes
- Clinics & Heath Departments
- Nursing Schools
- Military Services
B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate) Job Types
- Practical Nursing Instructor
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursing Instructor
- Associate Dean
- Nursing Critical Care Manager
Advance Courses in B.Sc. Nursing (Post Certificate)
- M.Sc. (Nursing)
- M.Phil. (Nursing)
- Ph.D. (Nursing)
After completing B.Sc. (Nursing) (Post Certificate) you can become: