NEET 2019 Counselling will commence from the second week of June 2019. State level counselling will be organized separately by the respective state authorities. Firstly, candidates have to register for counselling and fill their preferences for admission.
Counselling for 15% All India Quota seats will be administrated by Medical Counselling Committee of the Directorate General of Health Services. Seats will be allotted to students as per their merit, category and availability of seats in colleges. Candidates who wish to resign from the allotted seat after the second round of NEET 2019 will have to participate in the online resignation process. Once a seat will allotted, candidates have to report to the allotted college within the notified schedule.
As per the information available on MCI & DCI websites, there was approximately 65K+ seats of MBBS in 470+ medical colleges and nearly 25K+ seats in BDS in 308+ Dental colleges available.
After the declaration of NEET result, the counselling will start through online mode. The candidates will also get the NEET cut off marks after the declaration of result.
The counselling procedure for 15% All India Quota seats, Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including BHU & AMU is managed by the Medical Council Committee.
All medical institutions consider NEET score for providing admission in MBBS/BDS courses.
The counselling for 15% All India Quota and 85% State Quota seats is organized separately in all medical & dental colleges. The MCC conduct the centralized counselling for all category candidates.
|Registration Steps for NEET Counselling||Documents required for NEET Counselling||NEET 2019 Cutoff for AIQ and State Quota Medical Seats|
- The seats that are left vacant after the first round of NEET counselling 2019 will be included in the second round.
- Earlier, MCC released the final result of NEET All India Quota counselling and for Deemed and Central Universities on June 23, 2019.
- The result was released in the form of seat allotment list and seat allotment letter.
- The result of first round NEET counselling 2019 will published in online mode in a PDF format.
- For management seats in private medical colleges, candidates need to apply separately in each college.
The MBBS/BDS seats are filled through NEET UG all over the country. The seats are filled in the following categories:
- All India Quota Seats.
- State Government Quota Seats.
- Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities.
- State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical/ Dental Colleges or any Private University.
- Central Pool Quota Seats.
NEET UG Counselling 2019 Calendar
|NEET Counselling Schedule||Central Counselling||State Counselling|
|All India Quota||Deemed + CI|
|Conduct of Exam||May 6|
|Declaration of Result||June 4|
|1st round of Counselling||June 13 – 22||June 13 – 22||June 25 – July 5|
|Last date of Reporting||July 3||July 3||July 12|
|2nd round of Counselling||July 6– 12||July 6– 12||July 15– July 26|
|Last date of Joining||July 22||July 22||August 3|
|Mop-up round||(–)||August 12– 22||August 4 – 8|
|Last date of Joining||(–)||August 26||August 12|
|Forwarding of list of students in order of merit, equaling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical colleges by the counselling authority.||(–)||August 27||August 13|
|Last date of Joining||August 12 – 17||August 15 – 17||August 18|
|NEET 2019 Counselling Schedule||NEET Counselling Scheme||NEET Counselling FAQs|
NEET Counselling Registration Steps
Registration for NEET Counselling begins after the declaration of Result. MCI conducts the counselling to fill 15% All India Quota Seats in two rounds. The steps involved in NEET Counselling Registration are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website of MCC and click on ‘New Registration’.
After entering all the required information, a new Roll No. and Password will be generated. Use these credentials to register for NEET Counselling.
Step 2: Log on to the MCC website and click on ‘Candidate login’.
Step 3: Enter your Roll number and Password.
Step 4: You will be redirected to a new page where you will have to enter details like Name, Roll No., Registration No., Mother’s Name, Contact No., etc. When you’re done, click on ‘Submit’.
Step 5: After this, you will be shown all your details as per the NTA database. Verify the information and click on ‘Confirm Registration’. A Registration Slip will be generated. Candidates are advised to take a printout of this page.
Choice Availability and Locking
Choice Locking will be available for a specific time period on a given day.
- Once you’ve registered successfully for NEET 2019 Counselling, click on ‘Choices Available’.
- The system will internally retrieve the candidate’s details like Category, Sub Category, Date of Birth, Eligibility and accordingly shows the choices available for admission along with the number of seats available.
- Choices available will be present on the left side corner and submitted choices will be visible on the right side corner of your screen. Select the medical/dental colleges in the order your preference.
- Once you’re done, enter your password and click on ‘Lock Choices’.
- Candidates are not allowed to make any changes after locking their choices so be very careful in your selection.
- After locking, they can take a printout of the locked choices which will include locking date and time, IP Address of computer and system generated Unique no.
What is Mock Counselling/ Seat Allotment in NEET 2019 Counselling Process?
- Mock Counselling or Indicative Seat Allotment is an option open for the candidates to get an idea of the seats they can get based on their choices and rank.
- Mock Counselling in NEET 2019 helps candidates to refine their selection of choice.
- After that they can modify them, as the placement during that period is not binding.
After a few days of counselling, the candidates will receive an SMS or Email regarding their allotted course and college.
- The allotment will be done on the basis of the candidate’s rank, category and preference filled during counselling.
- Candidates are required to report to their allotted college and confirm their seat by submitting the course fee within the given time, failing which their seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
- Candidates can check NEET 2019 Seat Intake to know the number of seats offered by different colleges.
NEET Counselling 2019 – Mop Up Round
- Mop up counselling in NEET 2019 is provided by states against reverted seats from All India 15% Quota.
- Basically, these are the seats left vacant after the first and second round of counselling.
- Those who do not get seats in either of the two rounds can participate in Mop Up rounds of NEET Counselling 2019.
NEET UG 2019 Counselling- Resignation of Seats
- The candidates are provided with a facility to file online resignation from the allotted colleges.
- Those who wish to surrender their seat after the allotment under All India 15% Quota can obtain Online generated surrender receipt.
- These online resignations are then reported in respect to the candidates who shall be relieved offline.
- Candidates filing resignations will not be eligible to participate in further counselling rounds of All India 15% Quota.
Second Round of Counselling for NEET
Who is eligible for the second round of counselling?
- Registered candidates who were not allotted a seat in the first round of Counselling.
- Registered candidates whose admission got cancelled due to change of category. They will be considered for counselling under the new category.
- Candidates who have reported at the allotted college and opted for an upgrade in their reporting period.
Paperwork: Documents Required for Counselling
The following documents will be required during NEET Seat Allotment. Candidates must take original documents along with attested photocopies for admission through 15% All India Quota.
- Admit card
- NEET 2019 Result/Rank Letter
- Birth Certificate
- Class X Certificate
- Class XII Certificate
- Class XII Marksheet
- 8 passport sized photographs (Same as the one affixed on application form)
- Provisional Allotment letter generated online
- Proof of Identity
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
Counselling for 15% All India Quota
- The Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Government of India will hold the Counselling for 15% All India Quota Seats.
- All deemed, central, state universities will participate in online counselling.
- Seats of ESIC and AFMC, BHU & AMU will also be filled in this counselling.
- Candidates will apply for 15% All India Quota seats as per the directions of DGHS and Counselling will be stopped soon the seats are exhausted.
- Through this counselling session, candidates can get enrolled in any college in India.
- Those candidates who take part in All India Counselling can also participate in State Counselling of their respective states.
Counselling for 85% State Quota Seats
- For State quota and other seats falling under the ambit of States, candidates may apply to their domicile states and a merit list as per State rules and based on All India Rank will be prepared by concerned Counselling Authorities.
- The counselling for Private Medical Colleges will also be conducted by the concerned State Counselling Authority.
- Candidates need to register on their concerned state’s counselling websites.
- Counselling will be conducted on the basis of candidate’s rank in state merit list.
- Admission to colleges in J&K, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana will be done solely on the basis of state counselling.
NEET 2018 Cut off
Details of the candidates qualified the test on the basis of the minimum qualifying criteria of NEET UG, 2019 are as follows:-
|Category||Qualifying Criteria||Marks Range||No. of Candidates|
|UR & PH||45th Percentile||118-107||205|
|OBC & PH||40th Percentile||106-96||104|
|SC & PH||40th Percentile||106-96||36|
|ST & PH||40th Percentile||106-96||12|
View detailed NEET Cut off
NEET 2017 Cut off
Candidates can check out last year’s cut off for an idea of the cutoff and result for NEET 2019.
|Category||Cut off Percentile||Cut off Score||No. of Candidates|
|Others- PH||45th Percentile||130-118||67|
|OBC- PH||40th Percentile||130-107||152|
|SC- PH||40th Percentile||130-107||38|
|ST- PH||40th Percentile||130-107||1|
NEET Counselling 2019 FAQs
Ques. When will the result be declared?
Ans. NEET 2019 result will be declared in the first week of June 2019.
Ques. Can I get admission in a medical/ dental college in the academic session 2019-20 on the basis of NEET 2016 scores?
Ans. No, only NEET 2019 scores will be considered for getting admission in MBBS/ BDS for the 2019-20 session.
Ques. How will the merit list be prepared by the states?
Ans. States will prepare their merit list on the basis of All India Ranks, keeping in view the category of the candidates.
Ques. What are the minimum qualifying marks for NEET exam?
Ans. The minimum qualifying marks for NEET exam should be 50% for general, 45% of general-PH, and 40% marks for reserved categories.
Ques. When will the merit list be declared?
Ans. Merit list will be released after the declaration of NEET Result.
Ques. What are the details mentioned on the scorecard?
Ans. The details mentioned on the scorecard are Student’s Roll Number, Application Number, Nationality, Applicant’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Category, Total Marks, Percentile Score, AIR, and NEET cut off score, Qualifying Status etc.
Ques. For whom is the merit list prepared?
Ans. The merit list is only for the candidates who have opted for 15% All India Quota Seats in their NEET 2019 Application form
Ques. How will the students be called for counselling?
Ans. Students will be called for counselling on the basis of their rank in the merit list.
Ques. What is NEET cut off?
Ans. NEET cut off is the minimum marks scored by the candidate in order to qualify the examination.
Ques. What are the factors on the basis of which cut off will be decided?
Ans. NEET cut off will be decided on the basis of total number of students appearing for the exam, difficulty level of exam, and total number of seats available.
Ques. When will the cut-off be released?
Ans. NEET cut off will be released in the month of June 2019.
Ques. After I join Second Round of Counseling of 15% AIQ can I leave/ Resign to join State Quota/ Private College seat?
Ans: Once you join second round seat from 15% All India Quota, you will not be allowed to vacate from allotted 2nd round seat as per direction by Hon’ble supreme court in WP(C) (267/2017) dated 09/05/2017.However if you are allotted a seat in Second Round in AIQ/ Deemed you can Exit with Forfeiture of security amount.
NEET Counselling Expert
CareerMarg Provide Free Guidance for getting Admission in Govt. / Private Medical College in India on the basis of Marks/Rank obtained in NEET.