Medicine is one of the most rewarding careers for those interested in Science and dealing with sick people. Over the years, the field of medical studies have undergone various stages of development, it has become so vast that specializations within are increasing day by day. There is great scope for medicine as a professional career.
A doctor’s profession involves a lot of hard work and at the same time, it gives the satisfaction of curing patients at times even saving lives. It is a very demanding profession. To be in this profession is more a responsibility than a privilege. It is more of what you can give the community than what you can get from it.
The demand for medical professionals is tremendously increasing with the unfortunate upsurge of diseases and ailments day by day. At the same time super specialty hospitals are mushrooming both within the country and abroad offering employment opportunities. These along with liberalization of economy could bring better opportunities for these professionals in terms of remuneration, research and working facilities.
Doctors can find employment
- In Government or private Hospitals
- In Nursing homes/clinics/health departments
- In Medical services of the army, navy and air force, under the Ministry of Defense
- In Charitable institutions
- In Medical colleges and training institutes as teachers
- In Research institutes and medical colleges as researchers
- In Industrial sector
- In Private practice / self employment