MBBS in Philippines is one of the best and most preferred destinations for students from India to study medicine from. It provides the perfect blend of theoretical and practical education which enables the students to become successful practitioners. Universities like AMA School of Medicine, Our Lady of Fatima University, University of Perpetual Help, Davao School of Medicine are best for Indian students. MBBS in Philippines fees comes to be between Rs.14-25 lakh.
Fees form a major part of the expenses one has to bear when it comes to studying MBBS in abroad. However, one should see this as an investment in their future. If you are looking for a college with very low fees, below Rs. 10 Lakh, then the Philippines is not for you as such colleges do not provide good quality education and have poor infrastructure. The student will have to make lots of compromises, such as learning a new language, adjusting to extreme climatic conditions, get a poor or average education, no practical exposure, no Indian food, etc. Therefore, selecting a college with very low fees might seem fancy at first but is filled with many disadvantages.
There are many advantages of studying MBBS in the Philippines:
1. Low tuition fees paid in installments & affordable cost of living
2. English medium education, no need to learn any new language
3. 3rd largest English speaking country– “MBBS in Philippines”
4. Indian veg food, Gujarati, Jain, South Indian food cooked by Indian chefs available at low cost
5. US Pattern of education which helps students who wish to give USMLE
6. Strict rules which mean that the students will have to study. This is a relief for parents as they can be assured that their child will be studying.
7. Awesome weather! You will fall in love with it. Similar to the weather of Mumbai/Kolkata.
8. Focus on developing the practical skills & knowledge of the students.
9. Final year is full clinical rotation
10. Higher FMGE passing percentage than Russia, China, Ukraine, Nepal, Kyrgyzstan (2012-14).
11. During 2012-13 to 2016-17. MBBS in Philippines had the 2nd highest MCI Passing Percentage (minimum 900 students).
12. Problem-based learning methodology
13. Focus on developing practical skills of the students.
14. 6-year course with one-year internship/clinical rotation- MBBS in Philippines
15. Gateway to the USA– give USMLE and go to the USA for PG and for practice
16. One of the highest MCI Screening Test passing percentage
MBBS in Philippines = 24.6% MCI Screening Test Passing Percentage
Disadvantages of Studying MBBS in Philippines
Are there any disadvantages of studying medicine in Philippines seen? There is only one disadvantage to the MBBS course. Students don’t get directly enrolled in MBBS program, which is offered as MD in Philippines. They have undergoes 1.5 to 2 years BS course and pass a National Entrance Test.
There is a common misconception revolves around studying medicine in Philippines duration, eligibility. The country follows US education system. However, there is no need for USMLE qualification to join MBBS.
MBBS in Philippines After Graduation
The Philippines offers a 4-year MBBS course to those who have already finished graduation in India. The student not only saves 1-2 years of his/her life but also saves money that would have been otherwise spent on college fees, accommodation, food, travelling, etc. MBBS in Philippines offers subsidized fee structure (mentioned below on this page) for students who have already completed degrees such as B.Sc, BAMS, B.Pharma to name a few. Contact CareerMarg for admission for MBBS in Philippines.
List of MCI Approved Medical Universities in Philippines
|Sr.No.||Country Name||University Name|
|1||Philippines||Ago Medical and Educational Center Bicol Christian College of Medicine|
|2||Philippines||AMA School of Medicine|
|3||Philippines||Angeles University Foundation|
|4||Philippines||Ateneo de Zamboanga University|
|5||Philippines||Baguio Central University|
|6||Philippines||BICOL CHRISTIAN COLLEGE OF MEDICINE|
|7||Philippines||Cagayan State University Tuguegarao (Carig)|
|8||Philippines||Cebu Doctors University College of Medicine|
|9||Philippines||Cebu Institute of Medicine|
|10||Philippines||Central Philippine University|
|11||Philippines||Davao Medical School Foundation|
|12||Philippines||De La Salie University Health Sciences Campus|
|13||Philippines||Dona Remedos Trinidad Medical Foundation|
|14||Philippines||Emilo Aguinaldo College, Manila|
|15||Philippines||Far Eastern University Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation|
|16||Philippines||FEU Dr. Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation|
|17||Philippines||Iloilo Doctors College of Medicine|
|18||Philippines||Lyceum Northwestern University|
|19||Philippines||Manila Central University|
|20||Philippines||Our Lady of Fatima University (Fatima Medical Science Foundation) Valenzuela|
|21||Philippines||Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila|
|22||Philippines||Saint Louis University|
|23||Philippines||San Beda College|
|25||Philippines||Southwestern University Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine|
|26||Philippines||Southwestern University, Urgello, Cebu City, Philippines|
|27||Philippines||St. Lukes College of Medicine William H. Quasha Memorial|
|28||Philippines||St. Paul University,Philippines|
|29||Philippines||University of Northern Philippines|
|30||Philippines||University of Perpetual Help (Dr. Jose G. Tamayo Medical University)|
|31||Philippines||University of Perpetual Help Rizal|
|32||Philippines||University of Saint La Salle|
|33||Philippines||University of Santo Tomas|
|34||Philippines||University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center|
|35||Philippines||University of the Philippines Manila|
|36||Philippines||UV Gullas College of Medicine|
|37||Philippines||Virgen Milagrosa University Foundation|
|38||Philippines||West Visayas State University|
|40||Philippines||Zamboanga Medical School Foundation|
Post-Graduation in USA after MBBS in Philippines
After completing MBBS in Philippines, the student is eligible to do his/her post-graduation from the USA. Since the medical universities in the Philippines follow US pattern, students find it easier to crack the USMLE exam which is the test that the student has to qualify (Step 1 and 2) while studying MBBS in Philippines. After successfully passing USMLE Step 2, the student may have the opportunity to go for his higher studies in the US. After clearing USMLE Step-3, the student has the opportunity to practice in the USA.
MBBS in the Philippines = Gateway to the USA
MBBS in Philippines Fees for Indian Students
|Name of College||Total College Fees (₹)|
|AMA School of Medicine, Makati Campus, Metro Manila||15,62,500|
|University of Perpetual Help||18,12,500|
|Angeles University Foundation||20,15,000|
|Our Lady of Fatima University||23,14,000|
|AMA School of Medicine, Makati Campus, Manila- MD Course||11,87,500|
|University of Perpetual Help- MD Course||14,37,500|
|Bicol Christian College of Medicine 5.5 year Course||11,25,000 (2017 Fees)|
|Emilio Aguinaldo College of Medicine 5.5 year Course||18,93,750 (2017 Fees)|
|Davao Medical School Foundation||19,50,000|
MBBS in Philippines Eligibility
The minimum qualifying marks that makes a candidate eligible is 60% aggregate in the higher secondary stream with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as major subjects.
Generally the last date for application to MBBS admission in Philippines closes by end of June or mid of July. MBBS in Philippines 2019 admission deadline was mentioned as 15th July. The process of admission is very simple. Submit the application before the time limit and wait for approval. The admission is provided on first come first serve basis.
- Eligibility criteria includes pass in the school education in 10+2 pattern, with minimum score of 50 % in aggregate in the major subjects as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Students should have scored a minimum of 50% marks in each of the main subjects, PCB respectively.
- Students shall provide all certificates that authenticate their qualification while sending application for admission. It includes mark sheets, school leaving certificate, etc.
- Proof of paying capacity.
- Medical examination certificate
- Must be NEET-UG qualified
MBBS in Philippines Duration
- MBBS in Philippines is different from other countries. It is offered as BS-MD course.
- MD is not to be mistaken as a post graduate degree. MD in Philippines is nothing but MBBS course. It offers the bachelor degree in medicine, recognized as the bachelor degree across the globe.
- MBBS in Philippines is divided into three parts, BS, MD and Internship. MBBS in Philippines duration is 6 years.
- BS is the prime medical course, can be called a foundation course. This course has four semesters and students can complete the course in 1.5 to 2 years. After completion of course, students shall appear in the NMAT Philippines test.
- National Medical Admission Test is the common admission test to MD, conducted by all medical schools, colleges and universities in Philippines. It is compulsory for the students to pass the NMAT to advance to 4 years MD Course. If the students fail the test, they have to reappear and pass.
- The above mentioned is the common rule of MBBS in Philippines eligibility. Students can directly join MD course in Philippines, which is MBBS in other countries if they have a Bachelor of Science degree.
- After complete of these courses, students shall be appointed as internship in the local hospitals, clinics and healthcare centers.
MBBS After Completing Graduation The smarter & convenient way
- It fairly easy to understand. Why would anyone want to waste 2 years of their life by doing MBBS which is 6 years long? What if you can do MBBS which is only of 4 years? Let us do the maths:
- Longer Route- 3 Years Graduation + 6 years MBBS= 9 years to become a doctor
- Better & Smarter Route- 3 Years Graduation + 4 years MBBS= 7 years to become a doctor
- By opting to do MBBS in Philippines, you can save money and time. A student who has completed graduation in India or a BS degree can get admission to the 4 years MD program in Philippines (equivalent to MBBS in India).
- Therefore, you will be able to complete your MBBS faster. Not only this, you will have benefits such as less fees, less expense on accommodation and food, less visa charge.
- You get admission to the 4 years MD program in Philippines and not the usual 5-5.5 years program because you have already completed your graduation which qualifies you to take admission directly to the MD course.
Some of the foreign countries that offer MBBS for international students necessitate study of foreign language (language of the home country) as one of the prime subjects. It is mandatory to interact with the students, patients and of course with the people. For instance, China, Russia, Kyrgyzstan etc are the few countries that enroll Indian Students for MBBS. In many universities, studying the local language is mandated. However, Philippines is the English speaking country. More than 90% population speaks fluently in English. So, there is no necessity for the students to study foreign language as part of academic program. Besides, Indian students don’t feel discomfort in communication, since locals speak English. This is one of the major reasons that many Indian students prefer to study MBBS in Philippines.
Aspirants here while pursuing degree in Philippines, can ingress quality education which provides them an opportunity to grow from end to end and to become competent professional in the field of medical.
We would recommend the aspirants to pursue MBBS in Philippines. Becoming a Doctor is a privilege and requires dedication and hard work. It is not an ABC thing. So, good luck to all the deserving aspirants. Contact us and get MBBS admission in Philippines through us.