Mainamoti Medical College is a Private Medical College in Bangladesh. Establishment of such an institute will assist mobilization of solving the national problem through development for solving a national problem through basic & applied research and by encouraging self – reliance in population.
This program will give a good profile of talents of both male & female student in technical field by proving their better performance in medical education in a separate environment for the graduates who can give more time in this field.
Bangladesh is a developing country burdened with a huge human cargo, is uniquely placed to harness her human resource potential to the benefit of its people thought effective restructuring of the existing health care delivery system with a major shift towards primary health care approach.
Mainamoti is a famous Buddhist archeological site. It is called the seat of lost dynasties. About 8 km to the west of Comilla town lies a range of low hills knows as the Mainamoti-Lalmairidge. Mainamoti is known to be at heart for the spread of the Buddhist dynasty and its culture. Ages ago this site was used to enkindle disciples with the light of the knowledge of Humanities, Science & Arts. Our medical college was established to accomplish a similar mission to empower the youths through spreading the light of Knowledge and hence named after the historical site MAINAMOTI. Our aim to provide quality education and take forward our mission to embrace humanity.
The Aim of this Medical College & Hospital is to teach selected candidates for five academic years according to the syllabus laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council ( BM&DC ) for MBBS degree to be a conferred by Chattagram Medical University, Bangladesh and then impart training of closely supervised internship for one year to create high quality career as doctor for nation.
Admission Requirement for Session 2019 -2020
Eligibility of candidates is as follows :
a ) Students who have passed SSC in 2016/2017 and HSC in 2018/2019 should have a total GPA of 9.00.
( minimum requirement of GPA in SSC or HSC IS 3.50 )
b ) All tribal students and residents of Hilly District who have passed SSC in 2017 and HSC in 2019 or 2016 and 2018 respectively and should have a total GPA of 8.00. ( minimum requirement of GPA in SSC or HSC is 3.00 )
Director General of Health Service of Government of Bangladesh has conducted a central written admission test at the national level . to find out eligible candidates for admission on the government and non-government medical colleges for the session 2018-2019. They have published a merit list for eligible candidates. Those who will apply from this list to get admission in Mainamoti Medical College will be selected by college authority according to their merits.
Facilities Available in the College :
- The college has a library with an excellent collection of latest books monographs, journals magazines, and Newspaper. The library of the college has internet initiative.
- Separate common rooms for Male & Female student with television, indoor games, and entertainment.
Facilities are available for outdoor games and tournaments. Sports and other extracurricular activities are actively encouraged.
- A good canteen for student as well as for teachers is available on the campus.
Separate hostel facility for both boys and girls.
- the teachers of the college are dedicated lot, laboriously fulfilling their duties, always put in that extra effort and time when students ask for out of schedule help.
- Majority of the directors of the college are themselves specialist doctors and teachers in other medical colleges
- They all give their time and energy o coach the students regularly. A good number of professors from other reputed Government Medical Colleges are also involved in teaching to make Mainamoti Medical College a model one.