JEE Main 2019 admit card will be released on 17th December 2018. The examination will be conducted twice in a year by NTA. The application form for April 2019 session will be released from 4th February 2019. It is a national level entrance examination.
NTA organizes it to offer admission to B.E/B. Tech and B.Arch/B.Plan courses. NITs, CFTIs and various other colleges and institutions of India consider the JEE Main scores for providing admission. For admission in IITs & ISM Dhanbad, students have to qualify both examinations, i.e. JEE Main and JEE Advanced. JEE Main 2019 Mock Test has been released now. Check JEE Main 2019 latest news about the application form, eligibility, exam date, exam centres, pattern, admit card and syllabus.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Centres
The candidates had four choices as exam centres/city at the time of registration. The allotted exam centre along with date & shift has been released by NTA. You can check it through the link given above in the notification section.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Date
Here, students can check the official JEE Main exam Dates below:
For the January 2019 Exam:
|Application form available||1st September 2018|
|Mock test available||8th September 2018|
|TPCs registration starts||10th September 2018|
|Last date for application submission||30th September 2018|
|Last date for fee payment & image uploading||1st October 2018|
|The announcement of allotted exam date & shift||5th October 2018|
|Application correction||8th – 14th October 2018|
|An announcement of allotted exam centre||19th October 2018|
|Downloading of admit card||17th December 2018|
|Exam date (paper 1)||6th – 20th January 2019|
|Exam date (paper 2)||8th January 2019|
|Result announcement||31st January 2019|
For the April 2019 Exam:
|Application form release||8th February 2019|
|Correction in uploaded image starts||February 2019|
|Mock test available||February 2019|
|Last date for application submission||7th March 2019|
|Last date for fee payment||8th March 2019|
|Availability of admit card||18th March 2019|
|Exam date||6th – 20th April 2019|
|Result announcement||30th April 2019|
JEE Main Admit Card 2019
Below we have mentioned details about the JEE Main admit card 2019:
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the admit card via online mode.
- The authority also provides JEE Main slot booking facility along form filling.
- The admit card will be provided on 17th December 2018 (for January session) and 18th March 2019 (for April session).
- For online mode exam, students can also book their slot.
- Candidates have to download it by entering their Application Number, Date of Birth and Security Code.
- If any discrepancy found in the JEE Mains hall ticket 2019, communicate to the NTA immediately.
- Candidates have to bring anyone photo ID proof along with the admit card.
New Changes Introduced Last Year
NTA notified several changes about the JEE Main entrance exam. Below we have given news about the new changes introduced last year:
- Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics subjects are mandatory for applying for JEE Main Paper 2(B.Arch/B.Planning).
- There is no need to verify the 12th class roll number.
- For online mode exam, students are able to book their slot.
- Top 2,24,000 qualified students of JEE Main are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- Diabetic students can take sugar tables, fruits and a transparent bottle of water at the exam centre.
- From 2019, NTA will start their coaching centres for JEE aspirants. They will not charge any fee for coaching.
JEE Main Official Help Desk Details:
The official website of JEE Main is nta.ac.in. Get JEE Main official help desk details for further enquiry:
C-20 1A/8 ,Sector 62
IITK Outreach Centre,
Contact Number: 0120-3946612, 7042399520
E-mail ID: email@example.com
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
The examination will comprise of two papers, i.e. paper 1 (for B.E/B.Tech) and paper 2 (for B.Arch/B.Planing). The detailed JEE Main exam pattern for both papers is mentioned below:
- Exam Mode: The examination will be organized in online (computer based) mode. The drawing test for Paper 2 will be conducted through offline mode.
- Type of Questions (Paper 1): The question paper will comprise of objective type questions.
- Type of Questions (Paper 2): Mathematics and aptitude section will be of objective type questions and drawing test will be subjective.
- Duration: The total exam duration will be three hours. Paper 1 will be conducted in two sittings, i.e. 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM. Paper 2 will be held in one shift only.
- Medium: The question paper will be asked in English, Hindi & Gujarati languages.
- Marking Scheme: Four marks will be provided for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
A pattern for Paper 1 (BE/B.Tech):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Pattern for Paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Plan):
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
JEE Main Syllabus 2019
The JEE Main syllabus contain topics from the 11th and 12th class of CBSE, ICSE and other state boards. Syllabus for paper 1 contains physics, chemistry and mathematics. The syllabus pdf is available with the release of application form on the official website.
Paper 2 syllabus contain mathematics, aptitude and drawing sections. The detailed JEE Main 2019 syllabus is given below:
JEE Main Paper 1 Syllabus:
Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Sequences and series, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Vector algebra, Statistics and probability, Trigonometry, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Mathematical reasoning, Permutations and combinations, etc.
Physics and measurement, Thermodynamics, Rotational motion, Laws of motion, Electronic devices, Oscillations and waves, Current electricity, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Optics, Electrostatics, Kinematics, Work, energy and power, Gravitation, Properties of solids and liquids, Kinetic theory of gases, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterisation of organic compounds, Chemistry in everyday life, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), D – and f – block elements, Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
JEE Main Paper 2 Syllabus:
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Buildings, Materials, Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings, Visualising, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal), etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, etc.
How to Prepare for JEE Mains 2019
Here we are providing JEE Main preparation tips 2019 which can help you to achieve good scores:
- Firstly, get details about the officially prescribed syllabus and exam pattern and make a proper study plan.
- Try to solve previous year question papers to train yourself in answering questions in a pattern.
- A study from reliable reference JEE Main Preparation books and study materials available in market and internet.
- Make short notes on difficult topics and discuss them with your tutor and classmates.
- Practice mock test, it will help you to know the exam pattern and also analyze your performance.
- Don’t ignore your health while preparing for exams. Do meditation and yoga it will help you to increase concentration.
FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Here we have listed some most asked questions by candidates regarding JEE Main 2019 examination:
Question: Are NIOS students eligible to apply for exam?
Question: I have submitted the request for correction in Aadhaar Card. Should I apply with my old Aadhaar Number?
Question: I made mistakes in my application. How can I correct it?
Question: What has to be done if the Aadhaar details and my school record details do not match?
Question: I belong to the Assam state. Which documents can I use to apply?
Question: How PIO/OCI & NRI candidates can apply without having Aadhaar Card?
Question: Is it compulsory to appear for both papers, i.e. paper 1 and paper 2?
Question: What will happen if I have submitted more than one application form?
Question: I have forgot to mention the name and date in the photograph. My application will be rejected or not?
Question: If I fail in one subject in 12th class exams in 2018, can I still apply?
JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
The cut off will be published along with the result. Students can check the details about JEE Main cut off 2019 from below:
- The cut off will be published through online mode.
- It will be released along with the results in the month of February 2019.
- JEE Main cut off will be the minimum marks that need to have to appear in the All India centralize counselling.
- The cut off will be published category wise.
- Last year cut off of JEE Main exam is mentioned below:
|Category||Expected Cut-off 2019||Cut-off 2018||Cut-off 2017||Cut-off 2016||Cut-off 2015|
JEE Main Application Form 2019
JEE Main application form 2019 has been released from 1st September 2018 (Jan exam). Below we are providing the latest news of JEE Main registration 2019:
- Requirement of Aadhaar card is not mandatory to fill the application, candidates can use other government approved ID proofs.
- Candidates are required to apply online for JEE Mains 2019 exam.
- JEE Main application form 2019 is available from 1st September 2018 (Jan exam).
- Candidates have to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature of candidate & mother’s/father’s/guardian.
- Photograph size should be 10KB – 100KB and size of signature should be 4KB – 30KB.
- The images should be in JPG or JPEG format.
- Multiple applications from a single candidate will be rejected.
- There is no provision to send the hard copy of the application.
- The application fee is different as per the categories and mode of examinations.
- Fee payment can be done through credit/debit card and net banking.
- Candidates can also pay the fee through e-challan of SBI bank.
- Fee will not be accepted through DD, money order, IPO, etc.
- The application fee is non refundable.
|In India||Outside India|
|Paper 1 or Paper 2||Gen/OBC-NCL||Boys – 500/- & Girls – 250/-||Boys – 2000/- & Girls – 1000/-|
|SC/ST/PwD & Transgender||Boys – 250/- & Girls – 250/-||Boys – 1000/- & Girls – 1000/-|
|Both Paper 1 & Paper 2||Gen/OBC-NCL||Boys – 900/- & Girls – 450/-||Boys – 3000/- & Girls – 1500/-|
|SC/ST/PwD & Transgender||Boys – 450/- & Girls – 450/-||Boys – 1500/- & Girls – 1500/-|
JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must ensure their eligibility before applying for the JEE Main exam. Candidates can check the eligibility criteria from below:
- There is no age limit to apply for JEE Main 2019.
Such candidates also have to appear for JEE Advanced exam.
|Qualifying Exam||10+2 or equivalent exam passed in 2017 and 2018 are eligible to apply.|
|Appearing Candidates||Candidates appearing in the 12th exams in 2019 can apply.|
|Diploma Holders||Diploma candidates can also apply but only for admission in IITs.|
|Minimum Marks||There is no minimum mark required to apply for JEE Main.|
|For admissions to IITs, NITs, IIITs and CFTIs||Candidates have to secure 75% (65% for SC/ST) in 12th exams or be in top 20 percentile of the respective board.|
|Number of Subjects||Candidates must have five subjects in the 10+2 exam to meet JEE Main 2019 eligibility criteria. Candidates should have physics, mathematics, language, any one from the Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational Subject and any other subject.|
|Year of Appearance||Candidates who have passed 12th exams in 2016 are not eligible to apply. Students who have appeared in 12th exams in 2016, did not pass in 2016 but passed in 2017 are not eligible to apply.|
|For Paper 2 (B.Arch)||Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as mandatory subjects at 10+2 level with securing 50% aggregate in 12th examinations.|
JEE Main Application Correction 2019
Candidates are able to correct or modify the detailed in the application form during the correction period. Here we are providing JEE Main application form correction 2019 details:
- The correction facility is provided provided from 8th – 14th October 2018.
- Corrections can be done only through online mode.
- Corrections are allowed in all entries except exam city.
- Any additional fee can be paid through credit/debit card, e-wallet or e-challan.
JEE Mains 2019 Answer Key
After the few days of completion of examination, the answer key will be published through the website. It will be released in the month of January 2019.
JEE Main answer key will be released along with images of OMR sheets. If candidates are not satisfied with the answer key they can challenge it.
Candidates have to fill an online application and have to pay Rs. 1000/- per question to challenge the answer key. Fee payment can be done through debit/credit card.
JEE Main Result 2019
Students who will appear in the exam can check the result within a month after the examination. Here we have mentioned details about the result date, mode, etc.
- JEE Main result will be provided on 31st January 2019 for January session and 30th April 2019 for April session.
- Students will be able to check the result only through online mode.
- The result will be published in the form of percentile.
- Percentile will be calculated as per the marks obtained in the JEE Main exam (session wise).
- It will also comprise All India Rank and All India Category Rank.
- JEE Main score card will not be dispatched to candidates, it can be downloaded from official website.
JEE Main Rank List 2019:
- A rank list will be prepared as per the marks scored in the JEE Main examination.
- It will be released separately for paper 1 and paper 2.
- Admissions will be given as per the rank scored in the entrance test.
- Tie breaking criteria will be applied if two or more candidates obtain equal marks.
JEE Main Counselling 2019
After the declaration of result, the board will announce the detailed schedule of JEE Main counselling. Separate schedules will be announced for All India Rank and state level counselling.
- Counselling process will be organized from the third week of June 2019.
- JEE Main 2019 counselling will be conducted through online mode.
- A centralized counselling will be organized by JoSAA and CSAB in different rounds.
- To appear in the counselling, candidates will have to register themselves.
- After that candidates have to fill their preferences of colleges and courses.
- On the basis of filled choices, rank, category and seats availability, a provisional seat allotment will be announced.
- After that, candidates will have to download their provisional seat allotment letter and pay the seat acceptance fee.
- After paying the fee, candidates have to report to the reporting centre to verify their documents.
- Once the seats get confirmed by the reporting centre, candidates have to appear at the allotted college for further admission process.
For any other queries & latest news about JEE Main 2019, you can leave your queries below in the comment box.