Overview of Mymensingh Medical College (MMC) Mymensingh
Mymensingh Medical College is a postgraduate government medical college conducting MBBS, BDS and postgraduate courses in 27 disciplines under Dhaka University and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU). Every year 197 students are admitted in MBBS and 52 in BDS courses of which 10% are foreign students and total of 138 students are admitted in different postgraduate courses.
It was started in 1924 in Baghmara as “Lytton Medical School”, according to the name of the then Governor of Bengal Mr. Lytton. The medical school had conducted Licentiate of Medical Faculty (LMF) till 1962. Mymensingh Medical College was named in 1962, which started conducting MBBS course with 32 students as the 1st batch (M 01). Mymensingh Medical Journal is the official journal of Mymensingh Medical College which is an Index Medicus / MEDLINE enlisted journal.
The campus shifted to Charpara in 1972 on a total of 84 acres of land.