Overview of Karaganda State Medical University (KSMU) Karagandy
The history of the medical university since its inception is the path to becoming a professional leader not just in the field of medicine, but higher education in general. The history of the Karaganda State Medical University is a mirror of the history of the country, the formation of health care throughout Kazakhstan.
The development of the medical education system in our country began in 1931 with the founding of a medical university in Alma-Ata. However, soon the institute could not satisfy the growing need of the republic for medical personnel. In this connection, the republican bodies and the People's Commissariat of the USSR were asked about the need to open a medical institute in the city of Karaganda, which in 1940 became a regional centre with a population of more than 196 thousand people. But the Great Patriotic War changed plans, and the question of creating The Karaganda Medical Institute returned only in 1947 when the Karaganda Regional Health Department submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Health of the Soviet Union to open a university in the mining capital. Decree of the Council of Ministers of the USSR of November 16, 1947, obliged to transfer to Karaganda "one of the existing medical institutes." An order of the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the USSR dated December 5, 1949, was issued with the instruction “to oblige the Council of Ministers of the RSFSR and the Ministry of Health of the USSR to transfer professors, teachers, and students who completed the first year from the liquidated Kazan Dental Institute to the Karaganda Medical Institute. The doctor was appointed director of the institute completed the first course. The doctor was appointed director of the institute completed the first course. The doctor was appointed director of the institute peer Moiseevich Pospelov.
In the direction of the People's Commissariat of Health of the USSR, Pyotr Moiseevich arrived in Karaganda from the Stavropol Territory, where he was born, studied and began his career. Karaganda became the cradle of the formation and growth of Pyotr Moiseevich as a doctor, teacher and major organizer of health care. Pospelov's professional medical work began in the second mine hospital as the head of the therapeutic department, and then as the head doctor of the hospital. In September 1939, Pyotr Moiseevich was appointed deputy head of the Karaganda regional health department. Since April 1940, P. M. Pospelov was approved as the head of the Karaganda Regional Department of Health. In April 1950, by the order of the Ministry of Health of the Kazakh SSR, Petr Moiseevich Pospelov was appointed director of the Karaganda Medical Institute (Karmi). The period from 1950 to 1974, when the university was headed by Pyotr Moiseevich, became the time of the creation and establishment of the institute.
The faculty of open KARMI was composed of specialists who came from Kazan to Karaganda: Professor Abram Iosifovich Lubbock, candidate of historical sciences Maria Mikhailovna Lonshakova, candidate of biological sciences Angelina Zorina, biologist Modest Evgenievich Afanasyev, biochemist Valentina Iosifovna Yakubovskaya, candidate of medical sciences, physiologist Anvar Arslanovich Uzbekov, senior lecturer Boris G. Mokeev, dental teachers Vera Stepanovna and Valerian Aleksandrovich Lavrov, teacher-anatomist Galia Gareevna Shamseeva, chemist Boris G. Grigoryevich Mokeev, infectious disease specialist Abraham Yakovlevich Shulgin, microbiologist Gregory G. Kuliogov Dina Lazarevna Tsirlina, Mark G. Shreiber, Grigory Yakovlevich Hvoles, therapist Evgeny Izrailevich Zuckerstein, physical education teacher Evgeny Petrovich Shevelev.