A student is required to pay the following amount at the time of admission:
FEE STRUCTURE FOR BANGLADESHI STUDENTS:
FEES FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
All the financial transaction with this college is to be made through TT to Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College & Hospital, Sylhet, Bangladesh, Account No. 0021-0320000249, Swift Code No- TTBLBDDH021 maintained with Trust Bank Limited, Sylhet Corporate Branch, Chowhatta, Sylhet, Bangladesh mentioning the name, batch and roll number of the student for whom the payment is made.
CURRICULUM: The approved curriculum of Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and Sylhet Medical University from session 2018-2019 (Before session 2018-2019 under mentioned Medical Colleges were under Shahjalal University of Science & Technology (SUST).
ACADEMIC YEAR: January – December
CLASS HOURS: 7.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. For clinical students 2 hours of clinical teaching in the evening
TEACHING METHODS :
- The medium of teaching is English.
- Teaching will be imparted to the students through lectures, demonstrations, tutorials, ward clinics, practical classes, and field visits. Periodic clinical meetings, seminars are held on specific topics.
STUDENTS ATTENDANCE: The student's attendance is recorded. The guardians are informed of their wards attendance periodically.
STUDENTS ASSESSMENTS: Student's assessments are made through periodic class examinations (Written, Oral and Practical, card completion, and clinical examinations OSCE & OSPE) as per BMDC Course Curriculum.
FEATURES OF MBBS COURSE :
1. MBBS Course will be of 05 (five) years duration plus 01 (one) year Internship Training.
2. There will be 04 (four) professional examinations during the MBBS course.
At the end of 1½ years - First Professional
At the end of 2½ years - Second Professional
At the end of 3½ years - Third Professional
At the end of 5 years - Final Professional
3. There will be 02 (two) Professional examinations in one year
In 1st week of May
In 1st week of November
SUBJECT FOR DIFFERENT PROFESSIONAL EXAMINATION IS AS FOLLOWS:
In 1st Professional
In 2nd Professional
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
In 3rd Professional
- Pharmacology and Therapeutics
- Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
In Final Professional
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
MBBS degree is awarded by Sylhet Medical University, Sylhet after passing the final professional MBBS examination.
TIME TABLE FOR MBBS COURSE
Guideline for admission of local students usually given by the Ministry of Health each year. Announcement for admission appears in the National Daily News Papers usually in October (Approx.), seeking application from the interested students.
Eligibility for Local Students to Apply for Admission into 1st Year:
Candidates should have a minimum GPA of 9.00 combinedly in SSC and HSC (separately minimum 3.5 in each) Examination or equivalent and have GPA=3.50 in Biology. Students with a break of study of more than one year are not eligible to apply.
Announcement for admission usually published in the daily newspaper in October each year after admission to Govt. Medical Colleges. Eligible interested candidates are to collect and submit duly filled in application forms within the notified date along with other necessary documents and collect admit card for the admission test.
Admission Test: The admission test is arranged by DGHS under the ministry of health. Candidates are selected for admission based on merit and notified in the national daily newspapers. The last date of admission is usually given for the selected candidates after which candidates from the waiting list are called if seats remain vacant.
Medical checkup: A Medical checkup is done for each selected candidate before admission. Students having gross physical, mental or refractory disorders may not be admitted as per the decision of the medical board.
The government of Bangladesh sets the rules and procedures of admission of foreign students to all public and private medical colleges within its territory. The following are the steps that you need to take if you want to get admitted to Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College (JRRMC).
1. If you have the passport of a country having a diplomatic relationship with Bangladesh you can apply for admission in the MBBS course (Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery) in one of the public or private Medical Colleges in Bangladesh.
2. You must have 12 years of schooling, and your grades must have to be matched (Equivalency) with the Bangladeshi counterpart- SSC (Secondary School Certificate) & HSC (Higher Secondary School Certificate).
3. Your eligibility criteria for admission to MBBS course:
- O-level (Equivalent to SSC) certificate: Minimum 5 subjects
b. A-level (Equivalent to HSC) Certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
c. USA 12 grade completion certificate: Must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
d. Minimum GPA (After equivalency with SSC & HSC)= 9.00(separately minimum 3.5 in each)
e. Minimum GPA in Biology= 3.5
- You have to undertake the following steps if you decided to get admitted into JRRMC.
- Get the photocopies of the following documents attested from the foreign ministry of your country.
- School/College graduation certificates
ii. Mark/grade sheet
iii. School leaving certificate (Testimonial)
iv. Copy of Passport
v. Two passport size photographs of the applicant
- Download the ‘MBBS admission form’ from the website of Bangladesh Foreign Ministry and fill it up. You must mention your medical college of choice.
- Pay $60 (Subject to change) in any bank of your country in favour of DGHS and get the receipt.
- Deposit your attested documents, bank receipt, and filled admission form to Bangladesh Embassy of your country for processing of Grade Equivalency and permission from the Government of Bangladesh. You can do this job by yourself or by an agent.
- Send copies of your certificates, mark sheets, passport and a letter of intent to (Email: info[at]careermarg.in or WhatsApp: +918499000022) for booking of your seat.
- Having received the permission letter of Ministry of Foreign Affairs and grade equivalency of your certificates, the CareerMarg office would inform you and proceed with your admission.
All selected candidates must apply through the Embassy of Bangladesh for obtaining an equivalence certificate for confirmation of admission.
Note: All college fees will be paid on college a/c mention in the provisional admission letter.