Higher State Educational Establishment of Ukraine “Bukovinian State Medical University” (BSMU) is one of the largest higher educational establishments in Chernivtsi. It is a fully government multistructural educational institution of the highest level of accreditation providing educational programmes of different levels. BSMU included into the general register of the WHO, Magna Charta Universitatum (Bologna, Italy),European University Association (EUA),Association of the Carpathian Region Universities.
Over the years of its existence (1944-2019) the University has trained more than 30 000 specialists including the following specialties: General Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Pediatrics, Medical Psychology, Clinical Pharmacy.
- 6 faculties (four medical, stomatological, pharmacological);
- educational-scientific institute of post-graduate education;
- 49 departments;
- center of simulation medicine and innovation technologies;
- educational-producing chemist;
Directions of training and specialties
The University provides a continuity of higher medical education:
Junior Bachelor → Bachelor → Master → Post Graduate Education → Doctor (PhD).
The University trains applicants for higher education on the following specialties:
- Medicine (Doctor of Philosophy, Master);
- General Medicine (Specialist);
- Pediatrics (Doctor of Philosophy, Specialist)
- Stomatology (Doctor of Philosophy, Master, Specialist, Junior Bachelor);
- Medical Psychology (Master);
- Medical and Psychological Rehabilitation (Master);
- Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy (Master, Specialist, Junior specialist);
- Nursing (Doctor of Philosophy, Master, Bachelor, Junior Specialist);
- Technology of Medical Diagnostics and Treatment (Bachelor);
- Biology (doctor of philosophy).
Forms of education: day-time and correspondence (specialty “Pharmacy, Industrial Pharmacy”).
Number of students: 5800 including 1800 foreign citizens.
Teaching is provided by the Ukrainian and English languages (for foreigners).
Material-technical base. The material-technical base of the University is located in 15 buildings, and 33 municipal and regional medical establishments are used for Clinical Departments.
Lecture halls, classrooms, educational-practical pharmacy and laboratories are equipped with modern technical aids to ensure educational process and scientific work, and linked up with Internet.