Bikrampur Bhuiyan Medical College (BBMC) is a prestigious private medical institution with affiliation to the University of Dhaka. It is located in a quiet and serene nvironment in the heart of Munshiganj Srinagar on 8.10 acre of land. The construction of a 3 storied new modern building covering an enormous area of one lac twenty three thousand square feet with all modern amenities is already completed and academic activities have already been started.
- It is run by the skilled senior and skilled teachers who had highest degree in medical science.
- It has largest auditorium as a part of academic purpose.
- It has multiple lecture gallery equipped with digitalsound system and multimedia.
- All lecture gallery and auditorium are air conditioned.
- It has largest library, where large numbers of medical books of international standard and various scientific journals are present.
- Library is equipped with WiFi.
- It has a modern laboratories for practical teaching.
- Students are divided into small groups for teaching as a part of small group teaching method.
- It has seperate biys and girls hostel with all modern facilities in its own campus and is supervised by senior teachers.
- For the mental and cultural development of students it arranges yearly cultural week, debate compeition, study tour, picnic, indoor and outdoor games.
Academic Plan For MBBS at Bikrampur Bhuiyan Medical College:
The main course offered is the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery MBBS for 5 years of study. The college follows the curriculum approved by the Dhaka University and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. The courses within are divided into the following subtopics:
Pre-clinical subjects: Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry.
Pre-clinical subjects: Community medicine, Forensic medicine, Pharmacology, Pathology and Microbiology.
Clinical Subjects: Obstetrics and Gynecology Medicine, Surgery and other related subjects.
Basic medical subjects-Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Forensic Medicine, Community Medicine, Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology
Clinical subjects-Medicine including Psychiatry and Dermatology, Surgery including Ophthalmology and Otolaryngology and Gynecology and Obstetrics
The college has admitted 24 batches of students since its inception. 19 batches of students have completed their MBBS course.