Central Medical College – CeMec, established to respond to global changes happening in Medical education and Technology and bring positive changes in the present deterioration health care delivery system. The ultimate goal is to make our population a healthy and productive force. A good number of brilliant and promising students fail to get chance in medical colleges due to limitation of seats in Gov’t Medical Colleges. This institute will help those students to avail this opportunity.
This program will give a good profile of student in technical field by providing opportunity for the better performance in Medical Education in separate cell in each Department with good facilities for Medical graduates who can give more time in this field.
In this college the students are valued and we will assist, support and advice every student with proper counseling, guidance to solve their academic problems. All efforts are being made to attract the students to their places for learning and modern teaching methods will be extensively used by the teachers for imparting lessons.
It is our first effort. In future more efforts will be made to enrich the different wings of health sector, when the institute will be developed for this purpose.
We heartily thank the Ministry of Health & Family welfare for giving our Central Medical College Final approval to commence academic activities from the session 2004-2005. We pray to Allah, the almighty for its success.
FACILITIES AVAILABLE IN THE COLLEGE
1. Experienced & Caring Faculty with nationally reputed teaching staff.
2. Separate hostels with attached bath for boys & girls with adequate security.
3. Excellent learning facilities – Modern class rooms, Labs, Library, Lecture Halls with audio-visual facilities.
4. The whole library is under free WIFI Internet Network. It is registered with Health Inter Network Access to Research initiative through WHO due to which teachers & students of EMC have free access to more than 6600 latest Medical Journals of the world.
5. Every EMC student has a specific ID & Password through which their guardian can log into EMC website (Student’s Profile) to know the academic details, performance & other information about their child.
6. Separate Common rooms for male & female students with television, indoor games and entertainment.
7. Facilities for outdoor games and tournaments.
8. A good canteen for students as well as for teachers.
9. Modern transport fleet for easy commuting of students.
10. Round the clock standby Generator.
ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Foreign students should have minimum GPA 7.00 together in S.S.C/O level & HSC/A level (Separately minimum GPA 3.00 in each). Students with “O” & “A” level must provide attested photocopy of the Equivalence Certificate issued from the Office of the Director General of Health Services, Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh as a necessary document of their eligibility.
HOW & WHEN TO APPLY
Foreign students should apply in the month of September – December. Those interested to apply for admission should at first get their S.S.C/O level, H.S.C/A level or equivalent certificates & mark sheets attested by the Ministry of Education as well as Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their own country. After that they should apply through the Embassy of Bangladesh in their country providing above mentioned attested documents. The Office of Director General of Health Services (DGHS), Dhaka, Bangladesh will then issue Equivalence Certificate which can be collected either through the Bangladesh Mission in their country or directly from the Office of DGHS.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
For admission into 1st year MBBS course foreign students need to apply in prescribed form along with the following documents.
Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Certificate / Testimonial
Attested photocopy of SSC & HSC / Equivalent Exam Mark Sheets / Academic Transcript.
Attested photocopy of Equivalence Certificate issued by DGHS, Dhaka, Bangladesh (for students with “O” & “A” level).
3 (three) copies of recent passport size attested photographs.
Photocopy of Passport.
At the time of admission all original documents will be retained by the college until completion of the course.
1st year MBBS class usually starts from first week of January or as decided by the Government each year.
SCOPE FOR MCI, NMC
After obtaining MBBS degree from any Medical College in Bangladesh, students from INDIA are required to appear in FMGE test, conducted by Medical Council of India. MBBS degree obtained from Central Medical College is recognized by NMC.
For any quariy related MBBS/BDS/MD admission in Bangladesh contact us:
#53, Akanti Villa, GMC Hostel Rd,
Christian Basti, Guwahati – 781005