Bachelor of Business Administration is an Undergraduate Academic Degree which is awarded for a course or program in Business Administration. It is also known as B.B.A. which is an abbreviated form of the Bachelor of Business Administration. The duration of Bachelor of Business Administration is 3-4 years, divided into a number of semesters. B.B.A. Course is designed to provide basic understanding about Management education and to train the students in communication skills effectively which inculcate entrepreneurship skills. The students are prepared to explore opportunities being newly created in management profession. Business Administration study methodology involves training through practical experience in the form of case studies, projects, presentations, industrial visits, and interaction with experts from the industry. Bachelor’s degree programmes in Business Administration/ Business Studies/ Management Studies are called by various names by the different universities. Hence, they will have various names like B.B.M., B.B.S., B.M.S. courses, all of which are more or less the same thing. B.B.A. can also be pursued through Distance Learning Programs by various Institutions.
Any candidate who has passed HSC(10 + 2) exam from any stream with English as passing subject and secured minimum 45% marks at 12 std. Admission is base on the entrance test. Normally, there is an objective-type entrance test for admission to B.B.A./ B.B.S./ B.M.S. courses which evaluates English language, quantitative aptitude and reasoning skills.
Some Institutes conduct no entrance test if one has :
- UGAT appeared students with a score of more than 500.
- 10+12+1 cleared students (1 year of University education).
- British ‘A’ level qualification with minimum grade B.
- Scored more then 70% marks in Class XII.
Bachelor of Business Administration Subjects
- Principles of Management.
- Business Mathematics and Statistics.
- Business Economics.
- Introduction to Operations Research.
- Financial and Management Accounting.
- Production and Material Management.
- Personnel Management and Industrial Relations.
- Marketing Management.
- Business Data Processing.
- Business Laws.
Bachelor of Business Administration Specialisations
- Legal Studies.
- Management information systems.
- Supply chain management.
Who can and Who should pursue Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
Those candidates who want to hone their abilities in an administrative set up should go for Business Administration study. If a person has strong numerical and analytical skills and strong interpersonal communication skills should absolutely pursue this degree. Open mind with commercial awareness are other necessities required to become a Bachelor of Business Administration graduate.
Advantages or Benefits of Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
- B.B.A. develops a student’s managerial skills by giving him/her a broader perspective through knowledge of all functions, enhancing his decision-making capability and sharpening his communication skills.
- B.B.A. graduates have an edge over other graduates and get direct entry into the corporate world.
Bachelor of Business Administration Jobs
Bachelor of Business Administration grooms the students to become Future managers in various areas like Marketing, HR, Finances etc.
- Business Consultancies.
- Business Houses.
- Educational Institutes.
- Export Companies.
- Financial Organizations.
- Industrial Houses.
- Multinational Companies.
- Marketing Organizations.
- Business Consultants.
- Business Administration Researcher.
- Business Administration Professor.
- Finance Managers.
- Human Resource Managers.
- Information Systems Managers.
- Production Managers.
- Management Accountants.
- Marketing Managers.
- Research and Development Managers.