About Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC)
The Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC) was formed under the Bangladesh Medical Council Act. This act was made in 1973, hence it is also called 1973 Act of Bangladesh Medical Council.
It is located in the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka in Bijoy Nagor. Its function is to give registration to medical and dental graduates to practice medicine and dentistry in Bangladesh. It also recognise the medical and dental education specially the graduation and the post graduation education in medical and dental science that are permit to recognised practice in Bangladesh.
The Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council is the regulatory authority and the custodian of medical and dental basic and higher education in Bangladesh. BM&DC is regulating the undergraduate and postgraduate medical and dental education in Bangladesh.
Role of BM&DC
As a regulatory authority in Medical and Dental sector in bangladesh role played by BM&DC are as below:
1.Recognition of Medical and Dental Qualifications granted by Medical and Dental Institutions in Bangladesh.
2. Recognition of Medical and Dental Qualification granted by Institutes outside Bangladesh.
3. Setting of scheme of reciprocity with foreign Medical and Dental Councils for recognition of Medical and Dental Qualifications.
4. Amendment of Schedules.
5. Registration of Medical and Dental Practitioners.
6. Registration of Medical Assistants.
7. Inspection of Medical and Dental Intuitions.
8. Withdrawal of recognition of Medical and Dental Institutions.
9. Maintenance of Registers of Medical & Dental Practitioners.
10. Maintenance of Registers of Medical Assistants.
11. Publications of Registered Medical Practitioners.
12. Penalty for fraudulent representations of registration.
13. Action against use of false title, etc. by registered Medical and Dental Practitioners.
14. Removal of names from registers of Medical & Dental Practitioners.
15. Action against persons not registered under the Act.
16. Approval of Journals published by different organisations/ Association.
17. The management of the property of the Council and the maintenance and audit of its accounts.
18. Prescribing a uniform minimum standard of courses of training for obtaining graduate and post-graduate medical and dental qualifications to be included or included respectively in the First, Third and Fifth Schedules.
19. Prescribing minimum requirements for the content and duration of courses of study as aforesaid.
20. Prescribing the conditions for admission to courses of training as aforesaid.
21. Prescribing minimum qualifications and experience required of teachers for appointment in medical and dental institutions.
22. Prescribing the standards of examinations, methods of conducting the examinations and other requirements to be satisfied for securing recognition of medical and dental qualifications under Medical & Dental Council Act. 1980.
23. Prescribing the qualifications and experience required of examiners for professional examinations in medicine and dentistry antecedent to the granting of recognised medical and dental qualifications and
24. Registrations of medical or dental students at any medical or dental college or school or any University and the fees payable in respect of such registration.
BM&DC recognised medical colleges
- Dhaka Medical College, Dhaka
- Sir Salimullah Medical College, Dhaka
- Shahed Suhrawardi Medical College, Dhaka
- Mymensingh Medical College
- Chittagong Medical College, Chittagong
- Sher-E-Bangla Medical college, Barisal
- M.A.G. Osmani Medical College, Sylhet
- Rajshahi Medical College, Rajshahi
- Shaheed Zaiur Rahman Medical College, Bogra
- Faridpur Medical College, Faridpur
- Nightingale Medical College,Ashulia,saver-1349.
- University of science and technology chittagong (USTC)
- Islami Bank Medical College, Rajshahi
- Ibn Sina Medical College, 1/1-B, Kallyanpur, Mirpur, Dhaka
- Bangladesh Medical College
- Monno Medical College
- Dhaka National Medical College
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College
- Medical College for Women & Hospital, Uttara, Dhaka
- Somaj Vittik Medical College, P.O.-Mirjanagar, Via Savar Cantt., Dhaha-1344
- Jahurul Islam Medical College
- Holy Family Medical College, New Eskaton, Moghbazar, Dhaka
- Community Based Medical College,Bangladesh, Mymensingh
- Z. H. Sikder Women’s Medical College, Dhaka
- Shaheed Monsur Ali Medical College, Uttara, Dhaka
- Kumudini Women’s Medical College, Mirzapur, Tangail
- Ibrahim Medical College, 122, Kazi Nazrul Islam Avenue, Shahbagh, Dhaka
- Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College, 1, Eskaton Garden Road, G.P.O. Box- 81, Dhaka
- International Medical College,Sataish Bazar, Gushulia, Tangi, Gazipur
- East West Medical College,Aichi Nagar, JBCS Sarani, Horirampur, Turag, Dhaka-1230
- Enam Medical College, 9/3, Parbotti Nagar, Thana Road,Savar, Dhaka
- Shahabuddin Medical College, House No. 15-16, Road No. 113/A, Gulshan-2, Dhaka-1212
- Armed Forces Medical College, Dhaka Cantonment, Dhaka-1206 [Under Ministry of Defense]
- Uttara Adhunik Medical College, House No-34, Road No-4, Sector-9, Sonargaon, Janapath, Uttara Model Town, Uttara, Dhaka-1230
- Comilla Medical College, Comilla
- Noakhali Medical College, Noakhali
- Cox’s Bazar Medical College, Cox’s Bazar
- Central Medical College, Comilla Tower, Laksham Road, Comilla
Eastern Medical College, Race Course, Comilla New Campus, Kabila, Dhaka Chittagong High Way, Comilla
- B.G.C Trust Medical College, BGC Biddyangar, Chandanaish, Chittagong
- Khulna Medical College, Khulna
- Dinajpur Medical College, Dinajpur
- Pabna Medical College, Pabna
- North Bengal Medical College, J.C. Road, Dhanleandi, Sirajgonj.
- Khwaja Yunus Ali Medical College, Enayetpur, Sirajgonj.
- Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College, Ragib Rabeya Medical College Road, Pathantuly, Sylhet.
- North East Medical College, South Surma, Sylhet
- Sylhet Womens Medical College, Mirboxtola, Naya Sadak, Sylhet
- Institute of Applied Health Science (IAHS), Foy’s Lake, Post Box-1079, Chittagong.
- Chattagram Maa-O-Shishu Hospital Medical College, Agrabad,Chittagong-4100.
- Delta Medical College, 26/2, Darussalam Road,Mirpur-1,Dhaka-1216
- Southern Medical College & Hospital, Muzaffar Ahmed chy. Road:East Nasirabad, Khulshi, P.O.-Polytechnic, Chittagong-4209
- Ad-din Women’s Medical College, 2, Bara Maghbazar, Dhaka-1217
- Tayerunnessa Memorial Medical College, Konia (Targach), Board Bazar, Gazipur
- UNIVERSAL MEDICAL COLLEGE ,Arjotpara,Mohakhali,Dhaka
New Medical College (processing to BM&DC recognition)
- Jessore Medical College, Jessore
- Satkhira Medical College, Satkhira
- Shahid Syed Nazrul Islam Medical College, Kishoreganj
- Kushtia Medical College, Kushtia
- Sheikh Sayera Khatun Medical College, Gopalganj
BM&DC recognised Dental College
- Dhaka Dental College, Dhaka
- Rajshahi Medical College,Dental Unit
- Chittagong Medical College,Dental Unit
- Saheed Suhrawardi Medical College,Dental Unit
- Sir Salimullah Medical College, Dental Unit
- Maymenshing Medical College, Dental Unit
- M.A.G Osmani Medical College, Dental Unit
- Sher-e-Bangla Medical College,Dental Unit
- Rangpur Medical College,Dental Unit
- Pioneer Dental College & Hospital
- Bangladesh Dental College, Dhanmondi, Dhaka
- City Dental College, 1085/1, Malibagh Chowdhury para, Dhaka-1219
- University Dental College, 120/A, Shidheshwari Outer Circular Road, Century Arcade, 3rd floor, Maghbazar, Dhaka-1217
- Update Dental College & Hospital, Aichi Nagar, JBCS SaraniP.O.- Khairtek, Turag, Uttara, Dhaka-1711
- Sapporo Dental College, Plot No-24, Court Bari Road, Sector No.-08, Uttara Model Town, Dhaka-1230
- Chittagong International Dental College, 206-1, Maji Chand Meah Road, P.O.- Darul Marif, Shamsherpara, Chandgaon, Chittagong.
- Rangpur Dental College, Medical East Gate, Rangpur.
- Samaj Vittik Dental College, P.O.-Mirjanagar, Via savar Cantt.,1344
- Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College, Dental Unit. 1 Eskaton Garden Road, Dhaka-1000.