Bachelor of Science in Nursing
|Eligibility:||10+2 or Equivalent|
B.Sc. Nursing or Bachelor of Science in Nursing is an undergraduate Nursing course. Nursing is a healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities so they may attain, maintain, or recover optimal health and quality of life from conception to death. During the course it is taught the nurses that how to work in a large variety of specialties where they work independently and as part of a team to assess, plan, implement and evaluate care. Nursing Science is a field of knowledge based on the contributions of nursing scientist through peer reviewed scholarly journals and evidenced-based practice. The duration of the course is four years but it depends on institute to institute as per their rules. The value of the course is an immense and it is job orienting in nature. The course is being provided by many colleges throughout the country.
B.Sc. Nursing Eligibility
- Students who have passed their 10+2 with Biology, Physics and Chemistry or its equivalent exam can go for the nursing degree course.
B.Sc. Nursing Syllabus
Syllabus of Nursing as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|5||Nursing Foundations (Theory and Practical)|
|8||Introduction to computers|
|10||Hindi or Regional language|
|11||Library work or Self Study|
|3||Pathology and Genetics|
|4||Medical-Surgical Nursing (Adult including geriatrics) I (Theory and Practical)|
|5||Community Health Nursing I (Theory and Practical)|
|6||Communication and Educational Technology|
|7||Library work and Self study|
|1||Medical-Surgical Nursing (Adult including geriatrics) II (Theory and Practical)|
|2||Child Health Nursing (Theory and Practical)|
|3||Mental Health Nursing (Theory and Practical)|
|4||Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing (Theory and Practical)|
|5||Library work or Self Study|
|1||Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing (Practical)|
|2||Community Health Nursing-II (Theory and Practical)|
|3||Nursing Research and Statistics|
|4||Management of Nursing Services and education|
|5||Library work or self study|
|Internship (Integrated Practice)|
|1||Midwifery and Obstetrical Nursing|
|2||Community Health Nursing II|
|3||Medical-Surgical Nursing (Adult and geriatrics)|
|4||Child Health Nursing|
|5||Mental health Nursing|
B.Sc. Nursing Colleges
- Bharath University, Chennai
- University of Calicut, Calicut
- Gujarat University – GU, Ahmedabad
B.Sc. Nursing Course Suitability
- Candidates should have patience, responsibility and dedication towards the work.
- Those who have alertness of mind, team spirit, tact, compassion etc are also the good match for it.
- They should also be physically fit and healthy as the job involves a lot of hard work.
- Applicants having instinct to help and serve the patient also are suitable for it.
- Those who want to obtain their Master’s degree after it and then further research work also are suitable for it.
How is B.Sc. Nursing Course Beneficial?
- Nursing as a career is really lucrative not only for women but also for men. Due to fast expansion of health related industries, there is a hike in the need of nurses as well. New hospitals are coming up rapidly. There are multi specialty hospitals that are always in the need of specialized nurses in various disciplines.
- People who have undergone nursing degree programs and are having degrees in nursing are in high demand. One should remember that higher the degree in nursing, higher is the specialization amounting to a higher salary as well.
- Apart from this there are organizations providing ambulance services. These organizations also recruit nurses. Students should have the knowledge that in the present day there is no discrimination between online degree courses and regular degree programs.
- People who have qualified in online nursing degrees program can also take up teaching in nursing degree schools.
B.Sc. Nursing Employment Areas
- Defence Services
- Colleges & Universities
- Nursing Science Schools
- Railways & Medical Departments
- Industrial Houses/Factories
- Heath Departments
B.Sc. Nursing Job Types
- Nursing Tutor
- Nursing Educator
- Home Care Nurse
- Nursing Assistant
- Nursery School Nurse
- Nurse & Patient Educator
- Junior Psychiatric Nurse
- Nurse Manager
- Ward Nurse & Infection Control Nurse
Similar Course in B.Sc. Nursing
- B.Sc. (Hons.) (Nursing)
Advance Courses in B.Sc. Nursing
- M.Sc. (Nursing)
- M.Phil. (Nursing)
- Ph.D. (Nursing)
After completing B.Sc. (Nursing) you can become: