NEET UG 2023: Exam Date (Out),Registration, Eligibility, Notification
NEET UG 2023 Exam Date has been announced. It is a national-level entrance exam for admission into MBBS, BDS, AYUSH & other nursing courses provided by medical colleges/ universities in India. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct NEET 2023 exam on 7th May 2023. Candidates who want to seek admission in MBBS/ BDS and AYUSH programs in various reputed government and private medical colleges in India can apply through NEET scores. The admissions are also offered in top Medical institutions like AIIMS, JIPMER, AFMC, etc. In this article, we have provided complete information about NEET UG 2023 exam including application, exam date, eligibility, pattern, syllabus, etc.
NEET UG 2023 Overview
|Name of Exam||NEET UG 2023|
|NEET UG (Full-Form)||National Eligibility Entrance Test - Undergraduate|
|NEET Exam Organized By||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Type of Exam||Medical Entrance Exam|
|Courses in which admission is through NEET UG||MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, BSMS, B.Sc Nursing|
|College in which admission is through NEET UG||All Medical colleges in India|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
NEET UG Exam Dates
|NEET UG - 2023||Dates (Announced)|
|Application form available||January 2023|
|Final date to submit the Application form||Last week of January 2023|
|Last date of fees submission||February 2023|
|Application form correction||3rd week to 4th week of February 2023|
|NEET (UG) Admit Card||4th week of March 2023|
|NEET 2023 Exam Date||7th May 2023|
|Result Declaration||1st week of June 2023|
|Beginning of the counseling||2nd week of June 2023|
NEET UG 2023 Application Form
Here are the details about the NEET UG 2023 Application form-filling procedure:
- Candidates who want to apply for the examination are required to fill out the application form from January 2023.
- Once the application opens, you have to fill the application form with correct details like name, address, etc.
- After filling out the form, click next and upload the scanned copy of the required documents.
- Candidates must submit the application form before the last week of January 2023, as no application form will be accepted after that date.
- Pay the application fee using a Debit/ Credit card, UPI, Net banking, etc.
- Download, save and print a copy of the confirmation page of the application form for future reference.
NEET UG Application Fee:
The application fee payable for different categories is:
- Candidates of the General Category will pay Rs 1600/-.
- Candidates of the General- EWS/ OBC-NCL will pay Rs 1500/-.
- Candidates of the SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender category will pay Rs 900/-.
- For those candidates who are applying from outside India, the application fee is Rs 8500/-.
- Candidates will have to also pay additional charges and GST.
- The application fee can be submitted online mode only through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit card, or UPI.
How to Apply for NEET UG 2023
In order to apply for NEET 2023, candidates must do the following:
- Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves first.
- Step 2: Once the registration is done, the login details will be sent to the registered email id and mobile number. Using these details, candidates need to log in and fill out the NEET application form
- Step 3: Candidates have to fill in all personal, educational, and contact details in the NEET 2023 Application form.
- Step 4: Also, upload documents such as a photograph, and signature in the NEET online application form.
- Step 5: Finally, pay the application fee as prescribed by the National Testing Agency and take a printout of the filled application.
NEET UG 2023 Application Correction Window
NEET (UG) Application correction will start in the 3rd week of February 2023. In the application form, candidates could alter any details and exam city selections.
Candidates will be needed to NEET log in by entering their application number and password in order to make an edit and utilize the NEET 2023 correction window. There are some details that cannot be changed in the NEET correction window- Registered mobile number and Email ID registered.
NEET UG Eligibility Criteria - 2023
Candidates must check complete details related to NEET Eligibility Criteria from the below section:
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, OCIs, PIO, and Foreign Nationals candidates are eligible to apply.
- Students of UTs of J&K and Ladakh are eligible to apply under the 15% of All India Quota only on a self-declaration basis.
- The candidate must have completed 17 years of age during admission or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- There will be no upper age limit to apply for NEET.
- Minimum Qualification: Candidates must have a 12th or equivalent certificate from a recognized board, with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English as a core subject.
- Marks Required: NEET eligibility marks in class 12th are aggregate marks for PCB subjects.
- The class 12th percentage needed for the NEET 2023 exam is different for each category as shown below:
- UR – 50%
- OBC/ SC/ ST – 40%
- PWD – 45%
- Number of Attempts: There is no attempt limit for NEET UG 2023 exam.
- Foreign Nationals: Students who have been educated abroad and are planning to take admitted to medical colleges in India should have passed their 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology, and English subjects with 50% marks obtained by AIU as per MCI regulations.
- Appearing: Candidates who are appearing in the 12th class exams in the year 2023 are also eligible to apply for NEET.
NEET UG 2023 Exam Pattern
Here are the details about the NEET Exam pattern:
- Mode: The exam will be held in offline mode (pen and paper-based).
- Number of Questions: There will be 200 questions out of which 180 questions are mandatory. In section B, choices will be given to candidates.
- Type of Questions: The question will comprise Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
- Duration: The duration of the exam would be 3 hours and 20 minutes.
- Medium: The NEET question paper 2023 will be in these languages: English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Punjabi.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Section wise exam pattern of NEET 2023 is given below:
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
NEET UG Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for the NEET exam will be based on the curriculum prescribed by the Medical Council of India for classes 11th and 12th. Candidates can check some important topics of the NEET UG 2023 syllabus below.
Physics NEET UG Syllabus:
|Physics NEET UG Syllabus (11th)||Physics NEET UG Syllabus (12th)|
|Physical-world and measurement||Electrostatics|
|Laws of Motion||Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
|Work, Energy, and Power||Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|The motion of the System of Particles and Rigid Body||Electromagnetic Waves|
|Properties of Bulk Matter||Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Thermodynamics||Atoms and Nuclei|
|The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory||Electronic Devices|
NEET UGC Chemistry Syllabus:
|Chemistry NEET UG Syllabus(11th)||Chemistry NEET UG Syllabus(12th)|
|Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry||Solid State|
|Structure of Atom||Solutions|
|Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties||Electrochemistry|
|Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure||Chemical Kinetics|
|States of Matter: Gases and Liquids||Surface Chemistry|
|Thermodynamics||General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements|
|Equilibrium||p- Block Elements|
|Redox Reactions||d and f Block Elements|
NEET UG Biology Syllabus:
|Biology NEET Syllabus(Zoology & Botany – class 11th)||Biology NEET Syllabus (Zoology & Botany – class 12th)|
|Diversity in Living World||Reproduction|
|Structural Organization in Animals and Plants||Genetics and Evolution|
|Cell Structure and Function||Biology and Human Welfare|
|Plant Physiology||Biotechnology and Its Applications|
|Human physiology||Ecology and environment|
NEET UG 2023 Preparation Tips
NEET UG is one of the most challenging competitive entrance exams in India. Candidates need to follow proper schedule tips and strategies in order to clear the NEET-UG exam. Check some beneficial NEET preparation tips below:
- Prepare a timetable and divide time equally for all subjects.
- Check out the officially prescribed syllabus for the examination.
- Take help from the best book and study materials available.
- Practice the previous year’s question paper and sample paper.
- Include every single topic of the syllabus in your preparation.
- Don’t take stressed and take care of your health.