By: Career Marg Team | on February 22, 2022
NEET Exam Pattern 2021 is decided by the exam conducting authority. The exam will be organized by the NTA (National Testing Agency). NEET is also referred to as National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. It is a national level entrance test. This exam is an opportunity for those students seeking admission in MBBS and BDS courses provided by top medical colleges or universities of the country. Here we are providing detailed information regarding NEET 2021 Exam Pattern.
NEET Exam Pattern Highlights 2021
|Number of Questions
|No. of questions in each section
||Physics- 45, Chemistry- 45, Biology- 90 (Botany- 45, Zoology- 45)
||+ 4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer
|Type of Questions
||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
||Offline (Pen and Paper Test)
|NEET 2021 Exam Date
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. pen-paper based mode only. Students will have to mark their responses on an OMR sheet.
- Total Sections in NEET 2021 – 3 sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (Botany and Zoology)
- Mode of Examination – Offline i.e. Pen Paper Mode
- Type of Questions – MCQ type only
- Total Time Duration for Exam – 3 Hours
- Negative Marking – Yes; 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer
- Marks for Correct Answer – For each correct answer, 4 marks will be awardedâ€‹â€‹
- Total Number of Questions – 45 questions are assigned to Physics, Chemistry, Botany, and Zoology, each.
||No. of Questions
|Biology (Zoology + Botany)
||90 (45 + 45)
||360 (180 + 180)
NEET Marking Scheme 2021
Marking scheme of NEET 2021 examination is mentioned below:
- Total Marks: The question paper will bear a total of 720 maximum marks.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will contain four marks. Total four marks will be given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: There will be negative marking in this examination; one mark will be deducted for each incorrect response.
- Candidates are required to use only blue/black ballpoint pen to mark their answers.
- Candidates note down multiple answers for one question will lead to the negative marking.
Language of the Question Papers
- Candidates can opt for Question Paper in either of the following languages such as English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Urdu & Kannada.
- The option of the medium of question paper will be exercised during the form filling process.
- The option once exercised cannot be changed later by the candidate.
- Candidates, those opt the English language, the test booklet will be given in English only.
- Candidates, those opting for Hindi, the Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in Hindi and in English will be provided.
- Candidates who opted for regional languages, Bilingual Test Booklet i.e. in the selected language and in English will be given.
- In case of any ambiguity in translation of any of the questions, its English version will be treated as final.
- The option of Vernacular languages will only be available as per the following details:
||NEET Examination Cities
|English, Hindi and Urdu
||All States and Cities
||Andhra Pradesh and Telangana
||West Bengal and Tripura
||Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli
NEET Syllabus 2021
The NEET 2021 syllabus will comprise of four subjects, i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany. For better preparations, candidates should prepare for the exam as per the officially prescribed syllabus. The syllabus will be notified by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus is comprised of topics from class 11th & 12th subjects.