JEE Main 2020 Examination for April session has been postponed. Application Correction has been re-started from 1st April 2020. Stay tuned with SarvGyan for fastest updates. JEE Main is a national level screening test conducted every year to offer admission into B.E, B.Tech, B.Plan and B.Arch programmes.
NTA will organize JEE Main 2020 (April session) exam from in the second or third week of April 2020.
JEE Main 2020 New Changes Introduced
Candidates can check below the new changes introduced in JEE Mains 2020 test:
- From the year 2020, the exam is being conducted separately for BE/B. Tech, B.Arch & Planning courses. Candidates can appear for all the courses or separately.
- Application Fee has been increased as compared to last year. It can be paid through online mode.
- Changes in Exam pattern: New changes have been introduced in the exam pattern of JEE Main 2020. The number of questions in the exam paper has been decreased to 25 questions (per subject) in comparison to last year (30 questions). Also, besides the MCQs in the paper, there will be questions whose answers are to be filled as numerical values.
- From this year, the paper pattern of B.Plan has been separately introduced in JEE Main.
- From 2019 onwards, National Testing Agency (NTA) is given the responsibility to conduct the entrance exams of JEE Main.
- NTA JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice every year in the months of January & April in online CBT mode.
- The age limit to apply for JEE Mains has been removed. Now candidates fulfilling the eligibility criterion can apply for the exam irrespective of their age.
- For JEE Main B.Arch/B. Plan paper, it is mandatory for the candidates to have Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects.
- Aadhar Card is not mandatory to apply for JEE Mains 2020 entrance exams.
- Candidates appearing among the top 2,45,000 qualified students will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced.
- NTA has set up more than 3400 Practice centres in the country for the preparation of the students.
- Diabetic students can take a water bottle, fruits and sugar tablets inside the exam centre.
JEE Mains 2020 Exam Dates
Below we have provided all the official JEE Main Dates for various events taking place in the January session (over) and April session:
|Release of Online Application||7th February 2020|
|Last date to submit application||12th March 2020 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||12th March 2020|
|Application correction window||1st April to 3rd May 2020 (Re-Opened)|
|Downloading of Admit card||May 2020|
|JEE Mains 2020 Exam||May 2020|
|Announcement of Result||June 2020|
|Notification release||August 2019|
|Release of Application Form||3rd September 2019|
|Image correction started||13th September 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th October 2019 (Extended)|
|Last date of fee submission & image uploading||11th October 2019|
|Application correction window||14th – 20th October 2019|
|Availability of Admit card||6th December 2019 (Released)|
|JEE Main 2020 Exam||6th – 9th January 2020|
|Release of answer key & responses||13th January 2020|
|Last date to submit an objection||15th January 2020|
|Final answer key release||17th January 2020|
|Declaration of Results||17th January 2020|
JEE Main 2020 Application Correction
For all the candidates who have registered successfully for JEE Main April session, the board has re-started JEE Main Application correction facility to correct mistakes. This facility is for the students who want to make corrections in the details of the application form. Correction in uploaded images has been started after completion of the application process.
The application correction window has been re-opened from 1st April to 3rd May 2020 for the April session registration.
Students are able to correct details in the application through online mode only. To make correction in the application, students have to pay an additional amount of fee.
Correction in the application must be done by the candidates before the last date of form submission.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
NTA JEE Main Admit Card for April session exam will be released in the month of May 2020.
To download the admit card, candidates have to click on the provided online link and enter their application number and password. Candidates are also informed about their release of admit card through SMS or mail.
JEE Mains 2020 Slot Booking
The allocation of the exam date, shift and exam centres will be done by NTA itself. Students are not provided with the option of selecting the exam date, time or venue using slot booking. It will be done by authority a few days before the release of admit card. To check the allotted exam date, time, shift and centre, students have to login through their registered id and password.
No request or correspondence will be further entertained in this case by the officials.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern
JEE Mains 2020 April Session entrance test will be conducted in the month of May 2020.
Check the complete NTA JEE Main Exam pattern provided below, before starting your exam preparation:
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be organized in online CBT mode. However, the drawing test of B.Arch Paper will be only held in offline mode.
- Number of Papers: The entrance exam will be held for B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Plan papers.
- Type of Questions: The questions in both the papers will be of objective type. As per new changes, the paper will also have questions in which answers are to be filled as numerical values. The drawing test of B.Arch paper will be of subjective type.
- Total Marks: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will be of total 300 marks. While B.Arch/ B.Plan will be of total 400 marks.
- Number of Questions: Paper of B.E/ B.Tech will consist of a total of 75 questions. B. The arch paper will have a total of 77 questions and B.Plan paper will have a total of 100 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for every correct answer. 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Language Medium: The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Gujarati & some other state languages.
- Time Duration: The time duration to complete the paper will be of 3 hours. Extra time of 1 hour will be provided to candidates with 40% disability (PwD candidates).
For B.E/ B.Tech Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.Arch Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
For B.Plan Paper:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|Planning Based Questions-Part II||25|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
The complete NTA JEE Main Syllabus can be checked by the students via online mode. Syllabus of Paper I contain various topics from the subjects of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics studied in the 11th and 12th level.
Paper-II Syllabus contains topics from the Aptitude, Mathematics and Drawing sections.
Check below the detailed syllabus of JEE Main 2020
For JEE Mains 2020 B.E/ B.Tech Paper:
Physics and measurement, Rotational motion, Thermodynamics, Laws of motion, Oscillations and waves, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Current electricity, Optics, Electrostatics, Work, energy and power, Kinematics, Gravitation, Kinetic theory of gases, properties of solids and liquids, etc.
Sets, relations and functions, Matrices and determinants, Sequences and series, Mathematical induction, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Integral calculus, Statistics and probability, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Vector algebra, Trigonometry, Permutations and combinations, Mathematical reasoning, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Atomic structure, Equilibrium, Chemical thermodynamics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Chemical kinetics, States of matter, etc.
Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life, Some basic principles of organic chemistry, Organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, D – and f – block elements, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals),Hydrogen, Environmental chemistry, Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, etc.
For JEE Mains 2020 B.Arch/ B.Plan Paper:
Part I: Awareness of persons, places, Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings, Buildings, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal),Materials, Visualising, etc.
Part II: Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, colour texture, building forms and elements, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union, harmony and contrast, Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms, subtraction, rotation, etc.
JEE Main 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the below provided preparation tips to score good marks and qualify the entrance test:
- Before starting the preparation, candidates must know the complete details of exam pattern, marking scheme and syllabus.
- While preparing for the exam, note down all the important points, concepts or formulas at one place. Revise these notes regularly.
- Prepare for the exam from the study material which is mostly recommended by other qualified candidates and experienced teachers.
- Students can solve previous year exam papers or sample papers to know the exam trend and type of questions coming in the exam.