JEE Advanced, formerly known as Indian Institutes of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination is an entrance examination conducted across India for admission to a wide number of educational institutions and colleges for engineering and architecture programs. JEE Advanced is one of the toughest exams to crack. Top institutes like IITs, NITs, etc provide admissions to students on the basis of their performance in JEE Advanced 2021.
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date has been announced. The examination will be held on 3rd July 2021. The JEE Advanced is a national level examination conducted every year by one of seven Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) in rotational shift. Last year, it was organized by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur. To participate in the JEE Advanced examination, students have to clear the JEE Main examination. This exam is conducted for providing admissions into various courses offered by IIT’s in India. Here we are providing details about the JEE Advanced Exam Dates 2021.
JEE Advanced 2021 Highlights
|Exam Full-Form||Joint Entrance Exam [JEE] Advanced|
|Level of Examination||National|
|Conducted Body this year||IIT Delhi|
|Mode of Application||Online & Offline|
|Language||English & Hindi|
|JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Mode||Online|
|JEE Advanced 2021 Duration||3 Hours per Two Sections|
|JEE Advanced 2021 Website||jeeadv.ac.in|
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Dates
|Application form release||1st week of May 2021|
|Application form last date||2nd week of May 2021|
|Last date for fee payment of application form||2nd week of May 2021|
|Admit card releasing||3rd week of May 2021|
|JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Date||3rd week of May 2021|
|Copy of candidate responses to be|
available on the website
|4th week of May 2021|
|Display of Provisional answer key||4th week of May 2021|
|Receiving of objection (if any)||4th week of May 2021|
|Online display of final answer keys||Last week of May 2021|
|Result declaration of JEE Advanced 2021||1st week of June 2021|
|Online registration of Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||2nd week of June 2021|
|AAT exam date||2nd week of June 2021|
|Result Declaration of AAT||2nd week of June 2021|
|Seat Allotment starts||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date for seat allotment||3rd week of July 2021|
JEE Advanced 2021 Time Slots
The JEE Advanced 2021 will be conducted in two sessions on the exam date as mentioned below. Details of the session and timings will be available on the JEE Advanced 2021 Admit Card.
|Paper 1||9 AM to 12 PM|
|Paper 2||2 PM to 5 PM|
How to apply for JEE Advanced 2021?
The candidate should first go to the JEE Advanced 2021 official website to register. On the page, there will be a link for registration. The candidate has to click on that link given for registration. After that, he/she has to enter the details like JEE Main 2021 roll number, password, and security pin. Finally, the candidate would be able to log in. Then the candidate has to enter the details like personal, academic, communication, and other details. Also, the selection of the JEE Advanced Exam centre has to be done at this stage. The fee payment is the next step after which the candidate has to submit the application and take a print out of the application form.
JEE Advanced 2021 Eligibility
JEE Advanced 2021 eligibility depends mainly on the fact that whether the candidate has cleared the JEE Main exam or not. Last year 2,40,000 students have qualified to attempt JEE Advanced but from the year 2021, the number of eligible candidates has increased by 10,000 for JEE Advanced i.e. 2,50,000. Besides that, there are a few other criteria which are as follows:
- Nationality: Both Indian and Foreign students are eligible to apply for the examination. But unlike Indian students, foreign aspirants can directly apply to JEE Advanced.
- Age: Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1994 i.e. be 25 years old or less. The candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD categories will have a relaxation of 5 years.
- No: of Attempts: Candidates can attempt only two consecutive times.
- Appearance in class 12th(or equivalent) Exam: Candidate must have appeared for class 12th (or equivalent) exam for the first time in 2019 or 2021. For JEE Advanced 2021, Class 12 board exam marks are not criteria because many board examinations were cancelled. Thus, candidates will be considered for JEE Advanced irrespective of their Class 12 marks.
- Foreign Nationals: As for foreign nationals, the eligibility criteria remain the same. Students who apply as foreign nationals must produce the necessary documents at the time of application.
- Previous admissions at IIT's: Candidates who have rejected the seat at IIT's earlier are not eligible to apply. Candidates who had enrolled for preparatory courses at IIT's in the previous academic sessions are eligible. Candidates who have paid the seat acceptance fee but haven't joined are also eligible.
JEE Advanced 2021 Syllabus
Students appearing in JEE Advanced 2021 are advised to refer NCERT 11th & 12th textbooks. These books help in the conceptual foundation, which is of utmost importance in JEE Advanced as no direct questions are asked and all questions are mainly based on concepts. The conducting body decides the syllabus for the exam every year. The following is the JEE Advanced 2021 syllabus to be covered by the aspirants:
- Physics - Thermal Physics, Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Optics, and Modern Physics
- Chemistry - Atomic structure and chemical bonding, Chemical equilibrium, Gaseous, and liquid states, Energetics, Chemical kinetics, Electrochemistry, Solid-state, Solutions, Nuclear Chemistry, Transition elements, Extractive metallurgy, Preparation, Surface Chemistry, Properties and Reactions of alkanes, alkenes & alkynes, Reactions of benzene, Phenols, Carbohydrates, Ores and Minerals, Amino Acids and Peptides.
- Mathematics - Trigonometry, Algebra, Differential Calculus, Vectors, Integral Calculus, and Analytical Geometry
JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Pattern
JEE Advanced is one of the toughest exams to crack in India. The weightage, marking schemes, marking format, and question patterns vary each year. Given below is a glimpse of the JEE Advanced 2021 Exam Pattern.
|Papers||JEE Advanced exam has two papers: Paper 1 and Paper 2. Candidates must appear for both the papers. Both papers are divided into 3 sections (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics).|
|Duration||Time Duration of JEE Advanced Paper 1 & JEE Advanced Paper 2 is of 3 hours each.|
Session 1: 09:00 to 12:00 IST
Session 2: 14:00 to 17:00 IST
|Type of questions||The question paper consists of objective type questions which include MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) and Numerical type questions.|
|Language||The question papers will be set in English and Hindi only.|
|B.Arch aspirants||Students seeking admission in Architecture programmes offered by the IITs must be eligible for the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) 2021.|
|Mode Of Exam||Online (Computer-Based Test)|