JEE Main 2021 Registration (Open), Application Dates, Fees, Process
JEE Main 2021 Application Form has been started from 16th December 2020. Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). It is a national level entrance exam conducted every year for admission into B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, B.Plan programmes.
By qualifying JEE Main, candidates will be offered admission by 31 NIT’s, 23 IITs, CFTIs & other respective institutions. Here in the article, we are providing complete details regarding JEE Main Application Form 2021.
Candidates must go through following details regarding JEE Main 2021 Application Form:
- JEE Main 2021 application form is available via online mode.
- Candidates are now able to fill the application form from 16th December 2020 for February session.
- The last date to fill the application form for JEE Main 2021 February session will be 17th January 2021.
- Candidates are advised to fill the only single application form as multiple application forms will lead to rejection.
- The incomplete application form will not be accepted so candidates are advised to fill all asked & required details.
- Candidates are advised to fill only one application form as multiple application forms will lead to rejection.
- Candidates have the option to apply for any one session or all four sessions.
- While filling the application form, candidates have to fill language of question paper, it will not be changed at a later stage.
- Authority will also provide the option to rectify mistakes (if any) in the application form for the limited time period. The correction process will be provided from 19th to 21st January 2021.
- For the candidates already registered and appeared for the first JEE Main session need not register again for the second session. Such candidates can simply log in and fill the application with the provided login details of the first session.
- At last, candidates are advised to take a printout of filled in the application form for future reference.
Candidates must keep following items ready while applying for JEE Main:
- All qualification details
- Scanned multiple passport size photographs & signature in JPG/ JPEG format
- 12th mark sheet with size between 50Kb to 500 KB
- Valid/ working mail ID & phone number
- Credit card, debit card or net banking for payment
- Candidates will be able to submit JEE Main 2021 application fee via online
- Online mode of payment includes credit card, debit card or net banking, PAYTM or UPI mode.
- The application fee will be non-refundable in any case.
- Application fee as per courses & different categories are provided below:
|B.E/ B.Tech or B.Arch. or B. Planning
||Gen/ Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL)
||Boys- Rs. 650/-
Girls- Rs. 325/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
|B.E/ B.Tech & B.Arch.
B.E/ B.Tech & B.Plan
B.E/ B.Tech , B. Arch & B.Plan
B.Arch. & B.Plan
|Gen/ Gen-EWS/ OBC (NCL)
||Boys- Rs. 1300/-
Girls- Rs. 650/-
|Boys- Rs. 6000/-
Girls- Rs. 3000/-
|SC/ ST/ PwD/ Transgender
||Boys- Rs. 650/-
Girls- Rs. 650/-
|Boys- Rs. 3000/-
Girls- Rs. 3000/-
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to read following JEE Main eligibility norms before applying:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify Intermediate (12th) from any recognized board or university to be eligible for examination.
- For B.Tech Course: Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with 5 subjects, Physics & Mathematics as the main subject along with anyone from Biology/ Biotechnology/ Chemistry/ Technical Vocational subject.
- For B.Arch Course: Candidates must qualify 12th with minimum 50% He/ she must have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as their mandatory subject to be eligible for JEE Main.
- For B.Plan Course: Candidates must have passed the qualifying exam with Mathematics as a mandatory subject to be eligible for JEE Main.
- Age limit: There is no age limit to apply for JEE Main 2021.
- Passing Year: Only those candidates who have passed 12th in year 2019 or 2020 will be eligible to apply.
- Appearing: Candidates appearing 12th or equivalent examination in year 2021 will be also eligible to apply for JEE Main.
JEE Main 2021 Application Dates
Here we are providing a table regarding official application dates for JEE Main 2021 for February session:
|Application form release
||16th December 2020
|Last date to submit application form
||16th January 2021
|Last date to submit application fee
||17th January 2021
|Correction process starts
||19th to 21st January 2021
|JEE Main exam
||23rd, 24th, 25th & 26th February 2021
How to Apply for JEE Main 2021
Candidates must follow the below-given step by step procedure while applying for JEE Main 2021:
Step 1 – JEE Main Registration 2021:
- Visit JEE Main Official Website – jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Click on “Apply for JEE(Main) – 2021.
- Read the instructions, tick the box and select “Click here to Proceed”
- Application number will be generated after submission of personal details. The application number shall be used for completing the remaining steps of the registration process and for future reference.
- Fill the Registration Form by Personal Details like Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Gender, DOB etc.
- Fill your Contact Details – Address, City Name, Email Address, Pin Code, Mobile Number etc.
- The candidate is required to choose a password and a security question and enter his/her answer for the same.
- Candidates must note down the security question and answer for future reference.
- As a final step, candidates need to fill the displayed security pin and click on “Submit”
Step 2 –Complete JEE Main Application Form
- Candidate can login with the generated application number and created password for completing the Application form.
- Aspirants appearing for JEE Main 2021 are required to enter details like Personal Details, Paper name, Exam City Preferences, Question Paper Medium, Educational Details, Parents Income Details etc.
- Tick the Declaration.
- After reviewing the details, click on “Final Submit”
Step 3 – Uploading Documents:
- After filling in the online form, candidates are required to scan and upload photograph and signature as per the defined guidelines by NTA.
- The recent photograph should be coloured or black/white (but clear contrast).
- Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Application forms with unclear photographs will be rejected.
- Please keep 6-8 identical photographs in reserve for use at the time of the exam, seat allotment and admission.
- Upload the correct Photograph and Signature as the facility for correction in images will not be given.
- Upload 12th class/equivalent Admit Card/Mark Sheet/ Certificate (size 50kb to 500kb)
Step 4 – Payment of JEE Main Application Fee 2021
- JEE Main Registration Fee can be paid via Credit/ Debit Card/ Net Banking/ PAYTM/ UPI.
- Along with the fee, candidates have to pay service/Processing charges per transaction & GST (applicable at 18 %).
- After successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the Confirmation Page.
- If the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and the candidates have to approach the concerned bank for a refund of the amount.
- The candidate has to make another payment/transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
- The candidates are required to check the status of fee payment at NTA websites – jeemain.nta.nic.in and nta.nic.in
- If the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to take the printout of Confirmation Page.